Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
At Tesla, we believe that security is a collaborative partnership where we work together to educate, build and run secure applications and infrastructure. Tesla is continuously pushing the boundaries of innovation in transportation, energy generation and storage, self driving, AI, hardware and software. The Platform Security team is responsible for working with every single team within the company to enable them to build applications and infrastructure with security in mind. There are very few jobs in Security that will challenge you like this will.
On this team, one of our key areas of focus is our continuously expanding cloud, container and ci/cd footprint. We are looking for a strong and versatile engineer who has a strong track record and experience in securing these environments.
• Assess, design, implement, automate, and document security solutions and processes for K8s, Public and Private Cloud environments, SaaS applications and other cloud platforms
• Work with platform engineers on secure best practices in Infrastructure as Code, cloud design patterns and CI/CD with built in application security controls
• Work on key areas to develop baseline cloud, container, and application security standards and integrate into the CI/CD pipeline
• Implement security architecture, methods, and controls required to meet security, compliance, and audit requirements
• Implement "security as code" using cloud services and CI/CD components as necessary
• Customize cloud compliance tools to meet operational, audit and risk based needs
• Respond to and, when appropriate, resolve or escalate security incidents
• Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
• Investigate and resolve security violations by providing postmortem analysis to illuminate the issue, and identify causes, possible solutions, and preventative measures
• Minimum 4 years of experience as a Security Engineer or equivalent working experience
• Significant technical experience in Cloud Computing technologies and automation
• Ability to break down complex problems and implement custom solutions or scripts beyond just basics to demonstrate thoroughness of problem solving and automated security
• Experience in DevOps environments working with and influencing developers to maintain security through CI/CD processes.
• Experience working with container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with the development, deployment, and automation of security solutions in an enterprise cloud based environment
• Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
• Experience with or understanding of a broad range of security technologies including IDS/IPS, IAM, Certificate Management, etc.
• Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, web server, and database security
• An understanding of identity federation, authentication and authorization (SAML, OIDC, OAuth)
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent working experience