Senior Control Systems Engineer for Utility
Process/ HVAC Control Systems (m/f/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's
transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were
developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This
is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis
for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important
pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement
ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand
this success story together.
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Senior Controls
Engineer for Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg.
This role will require experience from continuous process controls as
well as HVAC controls industries. The Gigafactory
design team drives to create the factory of the future by overseeing the design
of cutting-edge large scale equipment and utility systems in support of highly
innovating manufacturing processes.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual
development and carefully balance product specifications, process control
requirements, layout complexity, cost, quality and lead-time limits.
- Participate in development P&IDs for utility
systems and process equipment
- Participate in the development of detailed
- Specify instrumentation and develop
instrument lists and location plans
- Participate in the layout of new control
- Develop networking topologies and network detail
- Specify and size control and communications
- Select and size electrical and
electromechanical components such as valves, solenoids, circuit breakers,
starters, and VFDs.
- Provide input into the development of
sequence of operations (SOO) documents and functional control specifications
- Work closely with PLC and HMI development
to integrate and develop innovate control solutions.
- Manage contractors to optimally execute
scopes of work
- Participate in continuous improvement
activities with key stakeholders and engineering groups
- Participate in Tesla specification and
- Participate in design validation practices
including NormOp and HazOp analyses
- Participate in the execution of start-up
and commissioning activities
- Produce RFQs for release to Vendor and
quote technical evaluation
- Enforce application of Tesla standards,
Manage suppliers during specification, design review, design approval
- Establish test plans and control test plan
execution at Vendor and at Tesla facility during installation and buy-off
- Understanding of high efficiency alarm
- Support construction and commissioning
- Proficiency with utility process, chemical process
and HVAC control systems
- Proficiency selecting appropriate circuit
protectors, wire and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O,
VFD and instrumentation.
- Proficiency specifying a wide variety of
equipment including industrial sensors, and equipment (Level, temperature and
pressure transducers, current and power meters, control valves, etc)
- Configuration of controls networks (Profinet,
Devicenet, Ethernet IP, Modbus, Bacnet, etc)
- Proficiency in programming industrial process
and manufacturing equipment: PLCs (Siemens, Allen Bradley, GE, Koyo,
- Human Machine Interface (HMI / GUI -
Ignition, Siemens Comfort Panel, AB Panelview, FactoryTalk, LabView)
What we offer:
You will be working in our state-of-the-art
Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world's most interesting problems with
the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s
compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses.
Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days,
employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.