Senior Cost Control Specialist (w/m/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Cost Control Specialist (m/f/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Project Control Team’s primary objective is to support the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) group in the design, planning, and execution of company infrastructure by providing management with critical, decision-making information that ensures projects deliver on time and on budget. The Team does this by closely collaborating with other functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to: 1) ensure adequate definition of scope, cost, and schedule; 2) establish reasonable baselines; 3) identify and manage risk; and 4) track, monitor, and report project performance. The Team can then make valuable recommendations that drive project performance.
Tesla is seeking a seasoned Project Controls professional with relevant construction experience to support the buildout of Tesla’s global facilities and infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible for supporting the execution team by managing construction cost from the design phase to project close out.
- Cost Management: Develop and implement the cost management program for Gigafactory projects including approved budget, total commitments, cost incurred, and invoiced costs. Work closely with project teams to forecast project costs during project execution.
- Change Management/Cost Forecasting: Implement good change management and appropriately capture associated costs to provide an accurate cost forecast at all times.
- Cost Analysis and Tracking: Perform trend analysis and actively evaluate project cost performance to identify potential risk areas, validate forecasts, and communicate those quickly to key stakeholders.
- Reporting: Develop cost tools and reports to communicate project cost metrics and performance with the project team and senior managers so they can make data based decisions.
- Funding: Assist project teams in developing project funding requests.
- Risk Assessment: Work with key stakeholders to identify project risks
- Performance Tracking: Track and summarize project performance with other project controls functions and the finance teams.
- Studies: Lead ad-hoc cost studies that enable rapid decision-making based on payback, rate of return, etc.
- Perform project site walks to verify physical progress on site
- Other work as needed in support of successful project delivery
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Experience in construction cost management contract management, change management: preferably in industrial, manufacturing and/or high-tech industries
- Knowledge of software systems and packages including Aconex, Oracle Unifer, P6, Bluebeam, CAD