Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
This role will require a seasoned leader to lead the entire Castings Center-department, someone who can think outside the box, and drive change. This will be a challenging role in which you can leave your mark within the Tesla Vehicle Production organization. As a growing department, we need a multifaceted leader willing to take on this challenge of growing the department and building departmental standards.
- Lead the production operations and production engineering team in the Castings Center organization.
- Develop and grow the team within a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Drive manufacturing team to achieve established targets for daily going rate (DGR) and
on-time shipments (OTS).
- Maintain high product quality and manufacturing yield while ensuring optimal use of resources and adherences to best safety practices.
- Drive behavior and build management systems to ensure all equipment is safe to operate, with high availability, good reliability and appropriate quality and cycle rate performance.
- Monitor metrics and Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) to assess productivity and cost management.
- Drive a culture based on engineering solutions using training, systematic troubleshooting and root cause corrective actions. Support all factory activities related to safety, engineering and manufacturing including; 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures.
- Work with all cross functional teams including; Design, NPI, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality and Process Engineering to ensure production equipment is available and able to meet current production requirements.
- Engineering safety program: provide proper training (LOTO, 5-S, Arc Flash, PPE, etc.), tools, and equipment to ensure that the engineering team operates safely at all times, and always lead by example.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Spare Parts-team Management to ensure the right parts are available in the right quantities to keep the equipment running.
- Develop, modify, and document repairs/troubleshooting processes. Work with Maintenance to utilize those processes.
- Manage a wide variety of concurrent projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
- Manage large workload with positive attitude and proactively help co-workers.
- Leads in the interviewing, hiring, training, and decision making process for all new hires in the Castings Center Department.
- Actively participate in early phase equipment / production line specification, design, qualification, installation and site acceptance testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field or the equivalent in experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering management experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Fluent in the English and German languages.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team oriented work environment.
- Adept at industrial safety practices and policies for high volume, cutting edge technologies.
- A demonstrated history of large scale manufacturing responsibility is highly preferred.
- Skilled at leading, coaching and developing direct reports across a broad range of engineering and technical disciplines.
- Broad experience with lean manufacturing systems and methodologies, including; Tier Accountability, Layered Auditing, Continuous Improvement and Kaizen Activities.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial planning for a large technical team.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.).
- Experience in a Castings Production environment.
- Plan shifts accounting for holidays and other absences as needed.
- Availability for off-hours calls
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve
the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who
share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes
competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are
offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances,
relocation and commuting support.
Application for this role need to be done in English