Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Cell Engineering (Assembly) (m/w/d) – Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Cell Manufacturing Engineering team at Tesla is looking for a highly-motivated Senior Manufacturing Engineer to contribute to the development and ramp of cell manufacturing equipment and processes for our cutting-edge Tesla Energy Batteries. The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla’s world class manufacturing facilities.
Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product. In addition to developing working on ramping the line the Manufacturing Engineer works with cross-functional teams to test, validate, and roll-out equipment to production. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. The candidate appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. The candidate looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- Drive ramp of exciting new line by characterizing baseline performance and capability of each system and drive actions to maintain or improve performance as measured by product quality and tool availability.
- Analyze production with statistical software (JMP or R preferred) to understand manufacturing uptime, availability and reliability metrics-yield, OEE, cycle time, quality and investigate bottlenecks to identify root cause and countermeasure to maximize throughput
- Drive root cause analysis through process and equipment expertise, derive & execute DOE’s accordingly, correlate with upstream/downstream processes
- Troubleshoot and recover processes by PLC, HMI, or tool management software, and implement changes/improvements
- Ensure manufacturing lines meet uptime, availability and reliability metrics – OEE, cycle time, quality and first time through.
- Actively use tool data sources (e.g. MES reports) to quantitatively evaluate and track tool performance and create programs to improve relevant metrics.
- Work independently and with vendors to understand root cause of failures, propose design or component changes, and implement and validate equipment modifications.
- Develop and deliver training to operations and maintenance technicians to ensure and seamless handover of new equipment.
- Generate and maintain documentation including machine and process specifications, drawings, BOM, spare parts, PFMEA, control plan, process flow chart
- Own individual work stations, tools, or production line.
- Either a BS with 5+ years’ relevant experience or an MS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2 or more years of experience in a production environment and/or proven manufacturing development track record.
- A passion to implement and work on ramping a manufacturing line including experience with winding, assembly, electrolyte filling.
- Position will offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, innovative thinking and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with mass production, automated manufacturing equipment, continuous motion, dispensing of low viscous liquids and high speed material transport is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies.