Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - HVAC and Plumbing (m/f/d) – Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer in the Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg Factory Development team, you will be reporting to the Mechanical Lead and be responsible to perform the preparation of mechanical engineering studies, contract drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates; evaluate project scopes, develop design criteria, budgets for design services, and design schedules; complete or oversee plumbing design and Fire Protection performance specifications.
Mechanical equipment includes Thermal Oxidizers, Air Scrubbers, Dust Collectors, Heat Exchangers (shell/tube, plate/frame, brazed fin), Chillers, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Air Handling Units, Terminal Units, Fans / Blowers, DOAS Units, Control Valves and Instrumentation, Chemical Piping, Hazardous Exhaust, Dehumidification Units, Heat Recovery Systems, Energy Savings Equipment.
- Prepares a variety of engineering deliverables (Basis of Design and Engineering narratives, preliminary code research, Conceptual Design, HVAC/Plb drawings including P&IDs, schematics, plans, technical specifications, contract drawings, construction cost estimates) for multiple projects. This often includes scope, schedule, and budgeting details for external contractors.
- Manages and audits design services performed by consultants including preparing RFP scope and independent cost estimate, critically reviewing consultant proposals, negotiating cost, ensuring schedule/budget compliance, auditing scope conformance and quality, and reviewing consultant performance.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals within schedule and resolves difficult field issues in a timely manner. Delivers on-site surveys and inspections and drafts subsequent site reports.
- Resolve design issues creatively and thoroughly.
Project Coordination & Quality:
- Actively coordinates with internal/external team members. Typically responsible for defining project schedules for HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection.
- Responds to code comments and resolves permit issues with code officials.
- Proactively provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and TESLA policies. Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to facility and other owners in matters related to mechanical engineering.
- Resolves design issues creatively and thoroughly. Identifies opportunities for innovation and making recommendations that are supported by the analysis and are consistent with code and good engineering practice.
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Complete understanding and familiarity with calculating, sizing and selecting mechanical and hydraulic equipment, distribution and infrastructure for large industrial building projects