Senior Project Manager - Cell Controls Engineering (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is seeking a Senior Project Manager on the Cell Controls Engineering (CCE) team to be part of a world-class team of engineers that are responsible for designing and building the automation and robotic equipment at the Tesla factories. As a Senior Project Manager, you are responsible for managing technical projects from “cradle to grave”. This includes driving the design and implementation of automated equipment such as automated storage systems, robotics, automated case and pallet conveyance, automated guided vehicles, fixtures, etc. Program managers own driving the scope, schedule, implementation and cost of the project as well as additional functions such as vendor relations, stakeholder management and report outs.
The key objective of the Automation team is developing new and innovative solutions in the factory and help Tesla achieve its ambitious manufacturing goals. All of these automated manufacturing processes will be planned, assembled and tested at our Tesla facilities located in Berlin, Germany.
- “Concept to completion” ownership of projects
- Work collaboratively with all engineering stakeholders (project engineering, industrial engineering, design, controls, software etc.) through the various stages of the project: Concept development, prototype testing, engineering design, system build, integration, and testing
- Drive vendor partnership working closely with supply chain and purchasing team and ensure alignment on engineering requirements, scope, schedule and cost
- Drive requirements and solutions with all internal stakeholders such as infrastructure, logistics, controls, software and manufacturing engineering teams for the success of the project
- Own and drive internal operations during the install, commission, testing and integration phases of the project
- Set goals, track deliverables, identify risk and drive mitigations across all stages of the project
- Own execution and completion of multiple projects, as needed
- Continuously develop and adapt processes and methodologies to the team’s needs
- Identify resource requirements and highlight gaps across various stages for all projects
- Own report-outs for all projects, highlighting status, risks, mitigations and opportunities across all levels of management within Tesla.
- Manage roadmap of projects working within the framework of the overall program
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in project management, ideally with multiple delivered projects of medium ($1-25M+) to large sized capital equipment systems in manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or the equivalent experience
- Very good written and spoken German and English skills
- Very good PLC programming skills - required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience developing processes and methodologies to suit specific engineering workflows desired
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent
- Experience working in a fast pace environment
- Extensive experience with most of the following software tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Able to work under pressure in the presence of stakeholders
- Willing to work nights and weekends when determined by project needs
Nice to Have
- Experience as Controls, Automation, or Robotics Engineer working on industrial automation systems
- Knowledge of JIRA and diverse continuous integration workflows
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition
- Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred