Senior Site Manager (m/f/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
As a Senior Site Manager, you will play a critical role in building one of the most exciting factories in the world: Tesla’s Gigafactory Berlin. Projects will range from ground up construction to tenant improvements on facilities that support production lines. In addition to managing general contractors, subcontractors, and laborers, you will work cross-functionally with facilities engineering, commissioning, facilities, manufacturing, and production. From both the field and office, you will be responsible for maintaining schedules and budgets.
- Understand the construction and start-up of facility systems and use this knowledge to contribute to constructability reviews of design packages.
- Respond to problems both in the office and field; quickly identify and execute solutions.
- Provided design packages, develop scopes of work and coordinate with the procurement team to bid and review contractor bids referencing experience, cost, and schedule estimates.
- Apply logistical support plans with contractors and customers
- Communicate with various teams to ensure quality inputs and outputs; interface between with engineering team, manufacturing team, production team, facility team, procurement, and commissioning team.
- Compile lessons learned for projects and apply to following projects.
- Enforce and maintain quality standards for engineering drawings and field installations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or vocational training plus relevant work experience equivalent to Meister level
- 5+ years of experience in a role that supports large industrial construction projects in manufacturing, oil and gas, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, semiconductors or equivalent high-tech facilities
- Read, analyze, and apply construction drawings, contractor bids, documents, and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication in German and good communication skills in English
- Ability to read, interpret, and manage changes to:
- Awarded scopes of work and contracts
- High proficiency in Microsoft System tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Projects
- Willingness to spend a high percentage of time in the field and "to get hands dirty" as needed to complete objectives or find the correct information.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines