Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Sr. (Maintenance) Controls Engineer BIW’ will have extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of automated welding shop related equipment, as well as experience managing new product introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization, upgrades & modifications.
- Overall responsibility for all controls related activities in the shop, Leading and assisting production in all controls related topics and issues.
- Support and assist maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Responsible for implementing and managing continuous process optimization including the addition of advanced and conventional technologies to improve quality, productivity and reduce overall waste.
- Develop & maintain proper documentation of all electrical equipment and associated procedures, making updates as required by modifications.
- Responsibility for designing, selecting, managing, programming, and commissioning of automation equipment used to improve the existing systems.
- Identify weak areas of the production systems using root cause analysis and first principles thinking, and implement effective countermeasures using all available means.
- Implement and maintain quality control methods including pokeyokes, data tracking systems, part recognition and problem reporting.
- Optimization and improvement of human machine interfaces, and SCADA systems and MES interfaces for the Body in White organization.
- Creation and improvements of equipment safety standards, and the implementation of those standards into the manufacturing equipment, including periodic checks and qualification inspections.
- Understand and program using several different programming styles, including ladder logic, structured text
- BSc. in electrical, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5/7 + years of professional controls engineering experience.
- 5/7 + years of advanced PLC programming knowledge on Rockwell, Siemens or equivalent PLCs in a professional environment.
- HMI programming experience – AB Factory talk, Wonderware or equivalent.
- Robotic programming skills desired.
- Proven project management experience.
- Proficient in CAD working with electrical diagrams and prints.