Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable
energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years
and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through
extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for
rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important
pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement
ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand
this success story together.
Tesla’s Cell Engineering group is looking for a highly
motivated individual to program manage new cell manufacturing and equipment
engineering projects. This is a cross-functional role that requires
coordination between many different groups within and outside of Tesla. You
will drive the development and deployment of new manufacturing equipment and
processes, as well as planning and execution of new cell manufacturing
expansion within Europe. Additionally, build productive relationships with
external suppliers and relevant agencies.
You will drive projects from concept through install,
integration, ramp, and handover to production. You will communicate and present
project status, highlight schedule risk, and develop recovery plans in the
event of a project slip. You will spend significant time with critical
suppliers, internal teams and agency within Europe, with some travel to our
- Work with Cell Engineering, Production, Factory Design,
Quality, Supply Chain, Production Planning, Production, Operations, and other
supporting functions in order to scope and drive projects for deployment of
- Work with external suppliers and their supply chain to
develop comprehensive plans; outlining strategy, scope, schedule, risks,
resource requirements, cost targets. Work with cross-functional teams to drive the
program towards the plan.
- Create, maintain, communicate, and present schedules for
projects to the engineering leadership team.
- Define and drive tasks to be performed by the
cross-functional team. Prioritize team project work based on schedule, risk,
resources, and payback. Track status of projects and action items against the
- Identify creative ways to overcome obstacles and meet the
schedule despite setbacks.
- Drive review and selection of external equipment vendors and
integrators for delivery of selected manufacturing project scope.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, or
Manufacturing Engineering (or similar technical engineering discipline), and/or
evidence of exceptional experience.
- 5-10 years working with development of manufacturing
- 5-10 years in manufacturing environment, in a mix of
engineering and project management roles.
- Experience with semi-automated / automated manufacturing
equipment a plus.
- Experience with JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence, and
other project management tools.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of engineering
projects for mass-produced products.
- Demonstrated experience creating, maintaining and
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage large teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing
multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment,
occasionally requiring extended hours.
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies.
- Ability to identify issues and develop corrective measures
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and
Application for this position must be done in English