Tesla is seeking a Supervisor Desktop
Support to lead our growing team in Berlin at the Giga Factory, reporting to
our Sr. Manager of IT Support. The ideal candidate will have a strong, working
background in managing a medium to large desktop infrastructure and/or
centralized helpdesk support. The ideal candidate will have a solid
understanding and experience in desktop technologies, emerging trends, and Desktop
Support or helpdesk management. Success in the position will require
exceptional communication skills, multi-tasking and troubleshooting abilities.
Additionally, the Supervisor Desktop Support will work closely with the
technology staff in all offices to implement initiatives across the enterprise.
Periodic travel and after-hours work will be required.
- Recruit, Manage and mentor a growing team
of Desktop support specialists.
- Serve as the lead for all aspects of Desktop
- Provide in-person and remote support to
assist staff with hardware, software and networking issues.
- Managing incidents by working with the rest
of the IT operational organization, handling escalations, and generating
reports for management review.
- Use IT ticketing system and document
- Oversee the processes for deployment,
maintenance, and support, for all implemented hardware, software, and operating
- Work with the IT infrastructure team to
coordinate software updates and roll-outs to the desktops.
- Improve user awareness of IT services, by
coordinating all training, documentation, and communication initiatives.
- Drive the effort to continuously provide
world class IT support to Tesla’s user community.
- In conjunction with HR, manage the new hire
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to
build the strategic direction for future hardware and software decisions.
- Work with the purchasing team and vendors
to fulfill technology needs.
- Developing processes and policies for
incident management and implementing them.
- Identify trends in specific support areas
and work with the stake-holders to address them.
- Occasionally work weekends, and travel
within EMEA up to 25%.
- Expert level knowledge of:
- Enterprise imaging and desktop deployment
technologies (preferably SCCM and JAMF).
- Standard PCs, Powerful Workstations & Laptop
hardware and software troubleshooting.
- MS Office 2016 – 365, Windows 7/10 and OS X
in a managed desktop environment.
- Industry standard Mobile devices.
- Solid knowledge of networks including
troubleshooting all aspects of wired and wireless configurations.
- Good understanding of ITIL v3 standards.
- Familiarity with the IT vendor ecosystem is
- General understanding server computing,
networking, phone setup / support, storage, virtualization, and business
- Project management skill is preferred.
- Medium to Large Enterprise IT environment
support experience is preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience with Enterprise
- 3-5 years of experience of managing a
- BS Degree in CS/equivalent or combination
of education and relevant experience.
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong personal integrity and has the
highest ethical standards.
- Experience in US multi-national corporate
setting a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Customer service orientation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Stress tolerance.
- Able to thrive in a Dynamic and Innovative environment.