Supply Operations Manager, Direct Vehicle Parts (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin
||Grünheide (Mark), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency. Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Tesla Direct Procurement team is looking to hire a skilled Supply Operations Manager to manage the the entire purchasing process for an assigned group of Tesla vehicle products. You are involved in the development process for new products from an early stage and you are the link between external suppliers and internal customers. You work closely with the Global Supply Managers in US and EMEA who are responsible for the procurement of commodities in their regions. You are also the reference person for Engineering and Material Planning teams on product groups you manage.
Responsibilities & Profile:
- Responsible for selecting suppliers and carry out contract negotiations. This is done by focusing on global commodity strategy, quality, specification, price and reliability of supply
- Evaluate supplier business proposals and present recommendations that will result in cost savings, avoidance or containment
- Evaluate and provide guidance on final selection of suppliers; Perform value analysis for final selection of suppliers
- Based on key performance indicators, you demand continuous improvement from your suppliers
- You strive to involve suppliers as early as possible in our development processes
- You also continuously undertake market research and benchmarking in order to benefit from new trends in the global supplier market
- Work collaboratively with other Sourcing Specialists, Sourcing Managers, Category Managers and Engineering teams
- You manage commodity accounts in the operational level supporting the continuity of Tesla manufacturing
- You live and breath vehicle parts procurement! You have a drive to make sure that all assigned programs are fully under control for Gigafactory Berlin set-up and growth.
- You possess a higher vocational or university qualification in a subject such as automotive engineering, mechanical engineering or business management, or equivalent experience
- Specific diploma’s Supply Chain/Purchasing are preferred
- Experience in purchasing one or more of the relevant product groups and have in-depth knowledge of the products
- You are fluent in English and/or German
What do we offer:
- Working in a great team!
- Able to develop yourself, personal growth is in our DNA
- International experience, great colleagues
- Competitive salary and Tesla equity (you will be an owner of Tesla!)