Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this is our employees. Their passion, motivation, and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla’s Manufacturing Engineering team is at the forefront of building cutting edge assembly lines and automation cells. This team is building the next generation assembly lines which allows our operations team produce amazing vehicles with best in class quality, at rate, in a safe and ergonomic environment.
The Manufacturing Engineering, General Assembly team is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to focus on the scaling of our operations. In this role, you will have ownership of projects from concept to implementation. You will function as the key liaison with Business Stakeholders and their respective Program Managers, as well as Technical Engineering teams during the development and execution of key strategic programs and initiatives. The Program Manager will work intimately with the core Program/Project team to drive high visibility and high value initiatives and have the ability to apply program/project management skills to assure the timely and efficient execution of a portfolio of projects.
• Define, implement, and drive project requirements, workflows, timelines, and resources. Define critical paths and risks.
• Finalize project scope, define initial assumptions, and secure project resources.
• Work with program managers, business leaders, and executives to identify the success criteria of the project.
• Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date at all times, including resource allocations, tracking hours, monitoring schedules, milestones, deliverables, updating percentage completion, etc.·
• Monitor budgetary and CAPEX spend.
• Report out program status cross-functionally, identify resource constraints and roadblocks.
• Identify, track, and communicate potential risks and opportunities, resolve conflicts, initiate resolutions, and deliver results.
• Lead cross-functional teams including management and executives. Includes resource & dependency alignment, coordination of activities, and transparent communication of project status and risk
• Escalate schedule delays due to issues and risks; Develop creative strategies to reduce schedule delays
• Track and manage change requests to scope and obtain approval if necessary
• Drive requirements and solutions with all internal stakeholders such as infrastructure, logistics, controls, software, and manufacturing engineering teams for the success of the project.
• Own and drive installation, commissioning, testing, and integration of assembly and automation equipment.
• Create formal project communication plans, key project metrics, and dashboards for project status communication.
• Conduct project evaluations, post-mortems, and drive process change to incorporate learning.
• Bachelor’s degree or 5-10 years of program/project management experience in a fast paced, highly fluid environment or other evidence of exceptional ability.
• Must be fluent in English & German
• Proficiency in Confluence, Jira is a plus
• Familiarity in several Agile principles – Scrum, Kanban etc.
• Self-organized with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated, applied experience delivering complex programs and projects
• Experience working with stakeholders, Product & Engineering Managers to keep everyone aligned
• Experience working with complex electromechanical assembly lines
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite and MS Project
• Travel required
• MBA or Masters in Project Management or equivalent experience is a plus