Test Equipment Engineer, Cell Engineering (m/w/d) – Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Design, develop and troubleshoot specialized equipment to characterize and validate lithium ion cells under various electrical, mechanical and thermal loads. Deploy and optimize cell test equipment to create a world class cell testing laboratory from the ground up.
- Design, order, and deploy equipment and fixtures for lithium ion cell tests
- Create and maintain test equipment and data acquisition tools
- Collaborate on prototype equipment builds
- Root cause equipment failures and issues from first principles
- Evaluating test processes in the lab to maximize uptime, reduce setup time and increase test throughput
- Developing supplier relationships domestically and overseas
- Write test reports and update standard operating procedures
- Ability to understand, test, and troubleshoot complicated systems
- Experience with data acquisition systems for thermal, electrical, and mechanical sensors
- Mechanical aptitude, fabrication skills, machining, wiring, general electronics, and debugging
- Experience with various manufacturing processes and demonstrated ability to create products
- Proficiency in CAD modeling, Catia V5/V6 experience is a plus, but not mandatory