Vision Systems Engineer, Cells (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Mark), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Cell Manufacturing Engineering team at Tesla is looking for a highly-motivated Vision Systems Engineer to contribute to the development and ramp of vision equipment for our cutting-edge Tesla Energy Batteries. The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla’s world class manufacturing facilities.
Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product. In addition to developing working on ramping the line the Vision Systems Engineer works with cross-functional teams to test, validate, and roll-out equipment to production. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. The candidate appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. The candidate looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- Design manufacturing equipment and fixtures
- Develop machine vision solutions for new product manufacturing
- Act as a subject matter expert on automated vision applications
- Drive design for manufacturability
- Collaborate with small teams on in-house development of novel and complex automation equipment
- Develop specifications for custom automation equipment
- Closely collaborate with external equipment integrators on custom automation equipment design
- Validate and characterize new equipment and fixtures for production implementation
- Create detailed Manufacturing Instructions to document new processes
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in multiple new equipment installations and new product startups
- Multiple years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience with vision applications in automation; Keyence preferred
- Experience developing manufacturing processes for new and unique products, transitioning products from prototype to production and developing automated manufacturing equipment
- Extensive project management experience
- Experience designing mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD (SolidWorks preferred, Catia) and with python scripting is a plus
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.