Water Treatment Engineer - Maintenance (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Maintenance Team works around the clock on infrastructure systems to maximize performance and availability. Through a combination of preventative and corrective maintenance they ensure these systems operate as intended, and when they don't they're returned to service as soon as possible.
- Plan start-up and commissioning activities for new systems, expansion and retro-fit projects.
- Review design drawings for planned water systems, provide feedback in design review meetings.
- Develop and lead training programs for maintenance technicians for water systems.
- Integrate and standardize best safety practices for all chemical distribution, water purification system
- Understand and apply Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) concepts to water purification systems for incident prevention
- Understand and apply root cause failure analysis to problems.
- Assist and lead in troubleshooting of system operational issues.
- Manage system improvement and troubleshooting projects.
- Develop and update critical spares, consumables and chemical lists for systems.
- Investigate ways to reduce the cost of operation and maintenance
- Create and modify standard operating procedures (SOPs), system manuals, Sequence of Operation (SOO) documentation
- Incorporate all improvements and best practices into site specifications and standards.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years water treatment and purification operations experience
- Strong knowledge of wastewater treatment systems maintenance
- Hazardous Production Material expertise
- Strong troubleshooting background and issue resolution
- Strong data and system analysis
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of mechanical and chemical engineering principles and systems including pumps, pneumatics, process piping, chemical/material compatibility is a benefit