Wireless Network Engineer (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Engineering & Information Technology
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
This position's responsibility will be to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage Tesla’s wireless network infrastructure at Tesla’s Gigafactory Berlin. Environments will consist of large-scale manufacturing, office space, warehousing, and large outdoor areas within and around challenging RF spaces.
- Appx 1000 Aruba wireless access points across 300,000m2 of multi-level building space.
- 15-20 Aruba wireless controllers
- Aruba ClearPass
- Aruba Airwave
- Come up to speed quickly on the existing architecture and design
- Perform analysis of existing key installations and recommend and implement needed changes based on recommended service levels and capacities.
- Recommend and develop best practices for new locations
- Implement rouge devices detection and containment, and other security requirements as recommended by information security leadership.
- Add equipment to centralized management platforms. Establish monitoring, alerting, and visual dashboards.
- Work with other teams to troubleshoot and support manufacturing processes
- In-depth knowledge of Wireless technologies
- RF Design, RF Survey/Engineering and RF troubleshooting skills
- Experience with ClearPass or other tier 1 network access control products;
- Experience with centralized wireless management and monitoring tools such as Aruba Central, Airwave, Nyansa;
- IP Network Design skills, including a strong understanding of standard routing protocols;
- Network automation and scripting skills - Python, Ansible
- Thorough understanding of wireless authentication, security and network management;
- Experience designing and deploying key wireless applications including mobility, VOIP, location-based services, and guest wireless'
- Skills in troubleshooting in large-scale network environments;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with packet capture and analysis products such as Wireshark and Ekahau
- Experience in utilizing industry standard network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios, SIEMs (Splunk)
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- English fluent, German atleast A2 or better