Workplace Project Manager at Tesla is about finding the simplest means to an end, even if that requires changing the rules of the game. A great Workplace project manager articulates the specific scope of a project to a wide variety of audiences, including why a project is important and how it should be delivered. It is about framing the house while keeping a perfect mental picture of how you will paint the walls. They will work independently, build partnerships, and manage the delicate balance between scope, schedule, and budget.
The creative project manager role ensures brand guidelines are followed and disseminated throughout our manufacturing facilities through; signage, graphics, color selection, texture selection, furniture design, ergonomics, team wear and any other visual/functional aspect of our workplace. This role will additionally create/maintain our “workplace guidelines” which provide detailed programming information on how to build, sustain and ramp our Workplace.
- Create renders and mockups to visualize new construction and tenant improvements.
- Perform all levels of business analysis engaging multiple strategic teams in order to maintain a department-wide project management system, ticketing & design approval method.
- Removes ambiguity by creating a standardized system of conceptual design and creative design, through structure leading to a consistent on brand look-and-feel.
- Facilitates conceptual design reviews with leadership.
- Partners with stakeholders to complete projects on a timely manner.
- Actively manages and leads project teams & contractors to execute projects, demonstrating sound judgment, critical thinking skills, and a sense of urgency.
- Creates, revises and maintains project and resource plans.
- Initiates and actively facilitates team meetings involving the right stakeholders to resolve problems.
- Ensures successful deployment of project including business readiness for internal implementation or external launch.
- This position will be an ambassador of our brand guidelines.
- This role will lead and maintain our “workplace guidelines”.
- Communicates effectively and consistently with all project team members.
- Analyzes and communicates project or program status to all stakeholders.
- Escalates issues quickly and appropriately to appropriate decision maker.
- Ensures the completion of standard project communications such as blockers logs, risk mitigation alternatives, and implementation plans.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to improve project management process and organizational efficiency.
- Establishes and maintains a strong partnership with internal stakeholders to fully understand the business and their business needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including independently managing multiple small ongoing projects as assigned.
- Prior experience with fast-paced organizations
- Familiarity with project management software
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong team-player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with 3D rendering and conceptual design.
- Previous experience in CAD preferred.
- Previous experience with adobe design suite required.