Terms & Conditions
TESLA ‘THE GREATEST DRIVE’ EUROPEAN COMPETITION 2017
- The promoter is: Tesla Motors Netherlands B.V., Burgemeester Stramanweg 122 (1101 EN), Amsterdam Netherlands (Tesla).
- The title of the competition is TESLA ‘THE GREATEST DRIVE’
- Entrants must answer a skill-based question within the space provided in the competition field online at www.tesla.com/greatestdrive
- The competition will run in one phase. For you to be eligible for the competition, your entry must be submitted between 00:01 on 29th May to 23:59 on 31st July 2017.
- You may enter the competition only once.
- All competition entries received after 23:59 on 31st July 2017 will be automatically disqualified from the competition.
- To enter the competition you must fill in all required fields on www.tesla.com/greatestdrive
- Participation in the competition can only take place at www.tesla.com/greatestdrive. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted.
- No purchase necessary.
Tesla will not accept:
- responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition entry selection will be based on the entrant’s specific eligibility for the competition. The decision of Tesla (acting reasonably) will be final. Tesla reserves the right to amend the criteria used to judge entries.
- By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Tesla reserves the right to verify any information contained in your entry and/or your eligibility to enter the competition.
- Tesla reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions or any applicable law. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with these terms and conditions could lead to Tesla disqualifying that person, without Tesla giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- In the event that a prize-winner is disqualified from the competition, Tesla will select an alternative prize-winner in the same manner as the original prize-winner and such selection will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- By submitting an email address, entrants are agreeing to subscribe to Tesla's mailing list. The entrant can unsubscribe at any time.
- The competition is only open to all residents in the following European markets: UK, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Luxembourg, Italy, Denmark, Ireland, Spain, Portugal
- Entrants must be 25 years of age or above and own a car and hold a valid driver’s license for the market they reside in and enter the competition from.
- Entrants must be able to provide proof of identity.
- Entrants must be willing to be filmed and for all footage and image and voice recordings of their person to be used for Tesla promotional purposes, in all media, globally, in perpetuity for no additional fee or financial remuneration of any kind.
Any person that is any of the following is not eligible to win the competition:
- an employee of Tesla or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- an employee of agents or suppliers of Tesla or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
a member of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
Tesla reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the competition as a result of this condition.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. Tesla may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
Tesla will not accept competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- There is a limit of one entry per person for the duration of the competition. In the event that Tesla discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple entries, such person and any entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such entrant has already been selected as a prize-winner, an alternative prize-winner will be selected in accordance with condition 2.14
- Tesla reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition or if you engage in political slogans or homophobic language, behaviour of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature or engage in content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights).
Nominate a friend
- Entrants can nominate one friend to enter 'The Greatest Drive' competition and potentially accompany them on the road trip.
- If an entrant has been nominated, the ‘nominee’ must accept their nomination to validate the competition entry. This is done by clicking the ‘accept your nomination’ link, emailed to the nominee by Tesla.
- By accepting the nomination, the nominee is agreeing to be entered into ‘The Greatest Drive’ competition and subscribe to Tesla's mailing list. The nominee can unsubscribe at any time.
- The competition can only be entered by the nominee by nominee fully completing the entry form hosted at: www.tesla.com/greatestdrive. Sharing a name on social media does not constitute as a competition entry.
The prize is as following:
- Competition winners get the opportunity to take part in a road trip of a duration of between 1 day and 4 days organized by Tesla and to take place on specific dates.
- Competition winners can drive the Tesla vehicle model allocated by Tesla which will be either a Model S or Model X on each day of the road trip. Only the winner is eligible to drive the car.
- Tesla will select winners by 23:59 at the latest on 14th of August 2017.
- The prize is supplied by Tesla.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- In order to claim the prize you must comply with condition 7.
- The prize is as following:
- The winners of the competition will be announced across all media to be selected by Tesla on a date or dates to be selected by Tesla.
- The decision of Tesla is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Tesla will contact the winner personally as soon as Tesla has selected a shortlist of winners.
Claiming the prize
- If you are the winner of the prize, you will have 2 days from the announcement date to claim the prize. If you do not claim the prize within this timeframe, your claim will become invalid.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- Tesla will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 2 days of contact, Tesla reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received.
- Tesla does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Tesla in its sole discretion).
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Tesla, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, disappointment, personal injury or death occurring as a result of any entrant entering this competition, taking up the prize, or as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of Tesla, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Ownership and intellectual property rights
- You agree that Tesla (and any third party authorised by Tesla) may use your person, voice and image for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the Tesla webpage and social channels for advertising media. You give Tesla (and any third party authorised by Tesla) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your person, voice and image worldwide and in perpetuity for promotional purposes and for the purposes of the competition. Tesla will own the right to your image and voice recordings captured during the duration of the competition.
By submitting your competition entry, you agree to:
- assign to Tesla all your voice and image rights with full title guarantee; and
- You agree that Tesla may, but is not required to, make your personal image and voice recordings available on our social media channels and websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant Tesla a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in your image and voice recordings, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format for such purposes.
Data protection and publicity
- If you are the winner of the competition you agree that Tesla may use your name, image, and town or country of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by Tesla.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by Tesla or their agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Tesla may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these terms and conditions, the conduct or results of the competition, or any other matter relating to a competition, the decision of Tesla shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Tesla.
- Tesla reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend all or any part of the competition where it becomes necessary to do so. Any changes to these terms and conditions, or cancellation of the competition, will be posted on the Tesla website. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including any non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by the laws of the Netherlands and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of The Netherlands.