Information Security Engineer, Platform Security | Tesla
Information Security Engineer, Platform Security
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer specializing in network, systems or application security to defend Tesla’s information, infrastructure and products.
We regularly send over-the-air software updates to our Model S and Model X fleet, seamlessly delivering new features and improvements to our customers. Our mobile applications allow customers to interact with their cars via real-time, low-latency two-way communication. We also build tools for our internal sales, delivery, and service teams. Today we remotely identify potential vehicle issues before a customer does—and often fix problems remotely too. To this end information and product security is of the utmost importance.
The Infrastructure Security team is responsible for helping Tesla securely design, build, and operate infrastructure across corporate, manufacturing and production environments. As an Information Security Engineer you will work on a broad set of efforts including: establishing network perimeters to protect Tesla's environments, defending systems against attacks, and implementing technology and architecture to scale security globally.
- Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation.
- Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions.
- Work with business and engineering groups to provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and network and systems security.
- Conduct security assessments of corporate, manufacturing and cloud infrastructure to identify vulnerabilities, and recommend and prioritize remediation actions.
- Analyze security data and report on system security status across various platforms and environments.
- Build tools to secure our information, systems, networks, applications, and products.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience with operating systems internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, and Windows).
- A firm grasp of networking protocols and operations.
- AWS and Cloud Security knowledge.
- Solid experience in enterprise information security in large technology firms.
- Excellent understanding and experience with attacks and mitigation methods
- Experience working to in multiple security domains such as platform hardening, vulnerability management, web application and browser security, penetration testing, applied cryptography, network protocols and secure network design.
- Proficient in one or more general purpose development languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, C, Java, bash, or PowerShell.
- Evidence of exceptional ability
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.