START Program Technician
START Program Technician
BUILD THE FUTURE
The START Program Technician will go through an intensive EV service training program designed to provide the candidates with the skills necessary for a successful career with Tesla. During the program, students will develop technical expertise and earn certifications through a blended approach of in-class theory, hands-on labs and self-paced learning. Students are also given enhanced soft skills and team-based repair practices.
• Learning and understanding of all Tesla vehicle products
• Participate in team-based activities, both lab and lecture
• Follow safety protocols at all times
• Enhanced organization by keeping tooling organized
• Complete weekly curriculum objectives
• Maintain consistent and professional rapport with instructor
• Participate in scheduled interview training and soft skills sessions
• Demonstrate ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
• Pass a written general automotive exam not specific to Tesla vehicles
• Minimum 40 hours a week dedicated to training and service center support
• Maintain a 100% attendance percentage throughout the 12-week program
• High School Diploma or GED
• Completion of Automotive Associate Degree or post-secondary school (Official Transcript upon request) or acceptable relevant work experience preferred
• Strong Electrical background
• A minimum 3.0 GPA at post-secondary school (Recommended)
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record with at least 2 years of driving experience and insurable
• Pass Background check
• Pass an interview with an official Tesla START Instructor
• Must be willing to relocate upon successful completion of the program
• Ability to lift 50 – 60 pounds
• Must follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail
• Be able to work in a team-based environment and achieve set goals
• Must have a "safety first" attitude
• Familiar understanding of the English language
• Basic computer skills, including navigating web browsers and using standard applications like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Accept employment at a Tesla Service Center within 30 days of graduation from the program for a period no less than 2 years
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.