Information Security Analyst, Intrusion Detection | Tesla
Information Security Analyst, Intrusion Detection
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
We are looking for a highly motivated analyst specializing in security monitoring, forensics or incident response to defend Tesla’s information, infrastructure and products.
We regularly send over-the-air software updates to our Model S and Model X fleet, seamlessly delivering new features and improvements to our customers. Our mobile applications allow customers to interact with their cars via real-time, low-latency two-way communication. We also build tools for our internal sales, delivery, and service teams. Today we remotely identify potential vehicle issues before a customer does—and often fix problems remotely too. To this end information and product security is of the utmost importance.
The Detection Team is responsible for analyzing threats on our corporate, manufacturing and production environments. As an Information Security Analyst you will defend Tesla by detecting, investigating and responding to security threats and attacks. You will build detection mechanisms for attacker tactics techniques and procedures, develop automation for investigation and remediation, perform system forensics, and actively hunt for threats.
- Detect and respond to attacks against the company's information, networks, systems, applications and products.
- Work with engineering teams to develop threat detection signals and incident response plans.
- Execute projects to improve security event collection, detection, analysis, correlation and response.
- Participate in a rotation to analyze and investigate active threats against the company.
- Perform digital forensics, malware analysis and participate in incident response functions.
- Analyze security data and report on threats and incidents across various platforms and environments.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Demonstrated Experience in threat analysis or response in large technology firms.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing the security of systems (penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, etc.)
- Excellent understanding and experience in multiple security domains such as intrusion detection, security logging, malware analysis, and forensics.
- Proficient in one or more general purpose development languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, C, Java, bash, or PowerShell.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.