Software Engineer (Front End) React
Software Engineer (Front End) React
BUILD THE FUTURE
The Digital Experience team at Tesla is at the forefront of building a consistent, global customer experience across all digital touchpoints – web, native apps and in-car infotainment systems. This team is building the next generation products and supporting infrastructure which allows our customers, living in 60+ countries, to understand, interact and purchase our amazing vehicles and energy products.
Tesla is seeking a Front-End Software Engineer to join our team and help build the next generation of web solutions for our service partners and customers as it relates to the ownership experience. You will be challenged to turn apps around quickly but thoughtfully, balancing speed to market with longevity and scalability, all in the name of extraordinary customer experiences.
· Build awesome web experiences using React.js
· Plan and accommodate all mediums, screen sizes and device types
· Build in flexibility and customization from the start
· Internalize the user and promote good usability and accessibility in every experience
· Be nimble and react quickly to changing business conditions
· Work with product managers, content producers, QA engineers and release engineers to own your solution from development to production
· 1+ years building web and/or mobile experiences with evidence of exceptional ability
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience or other evidence of exceptional ability
· Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX and JSON.
· Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
· Unit Testing with Jest/Enzyme
· Experience with Redux
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
· Experience working with RESTful APIs
· Experience with Node.js and Express
· Excellent mastery of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and SEO.
· Strong CSS skills w/ experience building responsive applications across a variety of browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques
· Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
· Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.