Model 3 production has started with low volumes but will grow exponentially until we achieve full production. A similar production ramp will follow with each new available option.
Production begins in the US, with the Long Range Battery
Customer deliveries begin
Production of the Standard Battery begins
All-Wheel Drive production begins in the Spring
International deliveries of left-hand drive vehicles begin in the second half of the year
Production of right-hand drive vehicles begins
Model S & Model 3
Model S is our flagship, premium sedan with more range, acceleration, displays and customization options. It’s the safest car in its class with unlimited Supercharging for the duration of ownership when referred by an owner.
Model 3 is a smaller, simpler, more affordable electric car. Although it is our newest vehicle, Model 3 is not “Version 3” or the most advanced Tesla. Like Model S, it is designed to be the safest car in its class.
All values above are based on US measurements. International values will be available soon.
Model 3 Specs
- Automatic emergency braking and collision avoidance
- Eight airbags
- Electronic stability and traction control
- 15″ touchscreen with onboard maps & navigation
- Wi-Fi and LTE internet connectivity
- Keyless entry and remote climate control with app
- Voice activated controls
- 60/40 split folding rear seats
- 15” touchscreen display
- Dual zone climate control system
- FM/Internet streaming radio
- Textile seating
- Center console with open storage and two USB ports
- Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood décor and two rear USBs
- 12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles
- Premium audio system with more power, tweeters, surround speakers and subwoofer
- Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
- Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
- LED fog lamps
- Center console with covered storage and docking for two smartphones