Tesla Account Support
Your Tesla Account includes owner resources, guides and important updates. Combined with the Tesla app, you can do everything from remotely monitoring your car and energy usage to transferring ownership.
Frequently Asked Questions
Basic Tesla Account Support
How do I update my Tesla Account preferences and information?
To update your information, log into your Tesla Account and select 'Account' to update your saved details.
I have multiple Tesla products. How can I switch views?
You can switch views in two ways:
- Tap the product icon in the upper right-hand corner of your home screen and then select your desired product view
- Tap the 'Settings' gear icon on the upper left corner of your home screen and select the first option, 'Switch to [your other product name]', in the menu above 'Inbox'
How do I remove a product from my Tesla Account?
To remove a vehicle from your Tesla Account, contact us with the email address on file to submit your request. You will be notified by email once the removal process is complete.
I just sold my Tesla. How do I remove the old car from my Tesla Account?
You can remove the old car using your Tesla Account and your associated email address. Once your car is removed, you will no longer be the associated owner. However, Supercharging history will remain in your account.
To get started, log into your Tesla Account, and follow these steps:
- Find the car you’re removing, click ‘Manage.’
- Click ‘View Details.’
- Scroll down to ‘Remove this car from your account’ and click 'Get Started.'
- Follow the steps on your screen.
- Once completed, Tesla will send an email confirmation asking you to confirm the removal. This is a required step. Once confirmed, the vehicle will be officially removed from your account.
How can I add a car to my Tesla Account?
To add a car, submit a request and all required documents to Tesla via your Tesla Account. Once your request is processed, Tesla will contact you to either confirm the addition or request more information. Please note, the verification process may take up to 72 hours.
To submit a request, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Tesla Account
- Select ‘Account’, then click ‘Add a car to your account’
- Follow the prompts and submit required documentation
- Submit your request
How do I reset the password to my Tesla Account?
To reset your password, follow these steps. If resetting your password doesn’t work, you can contact us to request a temporary password. Log in with the temporary password provided, and click 'Account' in the top right corner to select your password of choice.
I have two Tesla Accounts. Can I merge them?
Yes. Contact us from one of the email addresses on file to request a merge. In your request, please include each email address for each product in the accounts you would like to merge, and which email address you wish to keep after the merge.
What is multi-factor authentication?
Multi-factor authentication protects your Tesla Account by requiring a secondary form of verification before signing in. Once multi-factor authentication is set up, you’ll be required to enter your account credentials and verify your identity from a registered device each time you sign in. Keep your account secure by setting up multi-factor authentication.