Financial Benefits of Zero Emissions Vehicles
Electric cars represent a cleaner, greener way to use everyday transport. But they also offer compelling financial incentives for business and personal purchasers. These benefits include:
- €5000 SEAI plug-in grant for personal purchase
- Lowest VRT tax band (14%) and €5000 VRT relief for BEVs
- Low annual road tax of €120
- 0% benefit-in-kind tax rate only available to zero emission vehicles (0% rate applies to the value of the car below €50,000, effective until 31 Dec 2022)
- Every new Model 3, Model S and Model X is compatible with CCS charging
- €600 SEAI Grant available for the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle home charge unit (personal purchase only).
- Accelerated Capital Allowance Accelerated Capital Allowance Scheme permitting write off of up to €24,000 of capital investment within one year.
- Reduced Toll Fares for Electric Vehicles
Further clarification on the application of any benefit or incentive should be discussed with your financial advisor given your specific business and accounting circumstances. This information is provided in good faith and is not to be considered financial advice, and it is the users’ responsibility to observe all applicable laws and regulations.
This information is intended as a general summary only, the customer’s experience may vary; it is not exhaustive and should not be relied on, in whole or in part, for investment or financial decisions. The specific circumstances of any person or entity should be discussed with the relevant financial advisor.