Financial Benefits of Zero Emissions Vehicles
Electric cars represent a cleaner, greener way to use everyday transport. But they also offer compelling financial incentives for business and personal purchasers. These benefits include:
- €5000 SEAI plug-in grant for personal purchase (€3800 for business)
- 14% VRT tax band and €5000 relief for BEV
- Low annual road tax of €120
- Access to over 70 fast chargers managed by ESB across Ireland* (*requires CHAdeMO adaptor)
- ESB will provide free connection point in the home (subject to ESB T&C’s)
- Accelerated Capital Allowance Scheme permitting write off of capital investment within one year.
Further clarification on the application of any benefit or incentive should be discussed with your financial advisor given your specific business and accounting circumstances. This information is provided in good faith and is not to be considered financial advice, and it is the users’ responsibility to observe all applicable laws and regulations.
This information is intended as a general summary only, the customer’s experience may vary; it is not exhaustive and should not be relied on, in whole or in part, for investment or financial decisions. The specific circumstances of any person or entity should be discussed with the relevant financial advisor.