Retail Construction Purchasing Intern
Retail Construction Purchasing Intern
BUILD THE FUTURE
The Retail Construction Purchasing Global Supply Analysist Intern, will assist the Construction Purchasing Group Manager with strategic sourcing initiatives and contract administration. This role is expected to assist in developing strategic business relationships with external suppliers and contractors and internal business leaders as well as other internal key stakeholders, assist contract negotiations, drive cost savings initiatives and implement strategic sourcing best practices. The Retail Construction Purchasing Global Supply Analysist Intern’s role leverages the supplier market in the best way to support Tesla’s future needs.
- Together with stakeholder, help Global Supply Manager determine list of potential bidders.
- Assist GSM to prepare Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- Coordinate and lead bidder’s conferences and job walks.
- Administrate Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Assist GSM to prepare RFP Addenda.
- Participate and gather information’s for contract negotiations.
- Draft construction contracts.
- Issue Work Orders for additional services.
- Supporting Internal Approval process,
- Develop strong stakeholder support and cooperation.
- Design, conduct and synthesize supplier, industry and market research to develop sourcing strategy.
- Ensure project/commodity spend is under management and contract compliance.
- Support commodity business planning and savings.
- Assist GSM to analyze historical spend as well as forecast spend and savings by project/commodity/business.
- Develop elementary understanding of cost drivers and contracts by commodity
- Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships; act as the support point of contact for all commercial issues.
- Coordinate PO’s for assigned commodities and contractors.
- Multitasking Skills, able to handle multiple retail project’s tasks
- Good communications and negotiation skills
- Able to work both individually and in a team environment
- Hi-tech, consumer goods or automotive industry experience is a plus
- Good analytical and judgment skills. Intermediate excel skills a must-have
- Fluent in English and Mandarin in both writing and speaking
- Strategic Sourcing, Opportunity Analyses, and Contract Negotiations.
- No major limitation. Engineering, Supply Chain, Statistics and Business Management major is preferred.
- Please notice this position is capable of transferring to be FTE of Tesla after the intern period. Performance to be reviewed by GSM and Group manager.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.