Manufacturing Engineering Internship/Co-Op (Spring 2018) | Tesla
Manufacturing Engineering Internship/Co-Op (Spring 2018)
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
You will help engineer Tesla’s manufacturing processes, design equipment to be used in production lines, and help troubleshoot manufacturing issues to affect production and delivery targets.
Your application to the Manufacturing Internship will be considered for all opportunities across Powertrain Manufacturing, Vehicle Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, and Manufacturing Operations teams in Fremont, CA.
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development teams, as well as supply chain specialists, manufacturing engineers, and logistics personnel.
- Support control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production process.
- Support Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes, tooling, assembly fixtures and procedures.
- Organize and analyze data sets that outline the systemic improvement opportunities.
- Manage projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
- Develop and validate processes used in manufacturing.
- Assist and contribute to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems.
- Develop and implement system support process and documentation.
- Support issue resolution for production and assembly including root cause investigation and corrective action tracking.
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- Ability to relocate for the duration of your internship.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.