Tesla App for Wall Connector
Use the Tesla app to control, schedule and get data on your Wall Connector, whether you own a Tesla vehicle or a non-Tesla electric vehicle.
To complete your Wall Connector setup, you must register your Wall Connector and connect it to your home Wi-Fi network.
If you don’t own a Tesla vehicle or any Tesla products, download the Tesla app and create an account. If you already have a Tesla Account, sign in to the Tesla app with your existing credentials.
Once you have signed in, register your Wall Connector to view all your Tesla energy products in one place.
The registration process may take up to five minutes; keep the Tesla app open and follow these steps:
- Tap your profile picture icon in the top-right corner of the app to open the profile menu.
- Tap ‘Add Product,’ and then ‘Wall Connector.’
- Follow the in-app steps to scan your Wall Connector QR code from your Quickstart Guide. You’ll need to accept a prompt to join the Wall Connector’s Wi-Fi network to continue.
Note: In case you have lost the Quickstart Guide to connect to the Wall Connector, create a support request from the Contact Support option in the Tesla app.
- Connect your Wall Connector to your home Wi-Fi network and follow the remaining in-app steps to complete registration. This will allow you to see real-time charging status and continue to get the latest software updates.
Once connected to your home Wi-Fi, your Wall Connector will appear in the Tesla app for you to use.
Manage a custom charge schedule or accept the default off-peak charge schedule on your Wall Connector.
If your Wall Connector has a set charge schedule, tap `Start Charging’ on the home screen to override your charge schedule.
Note: Your electric vehicle may also have its own charging schedule setting. Review your settings to ensure your Wall Connector and vehicle allow charging during the same time periods.
The Tesla app can show 12 months of charging history with a list of charge sessions, including charge duration and energy (kWh) delivered to your vehicle.
Home View of Tesla Energy Products
See all your Tesla energy products in a single view to understand how they are working together to power your life, sustainably. If a Tesla vehicle in your account is plugged in to your Wall Connector, you’ll see the status in the garage.
If you experience Wi-Fi connection errors:
- Confirm that you are selecting the correct home Wi-Fi network and have entered your network password correctly.
- Confirm that the home network is 2.4GHz and 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11n compliant. Network security level must be WPA2-CCMP/AES compliant.
- Make sure the home network you are connecting to does not have a captive portal.
- Check Wi-Fi signal strength at the Wall Connector and try moving your router closer.
- Check for and disable any firewall or guest network restriction settings on your network that may be preventing connection, such as MAC address filtering.
- Contact your home Wi-Fi service provider for technical support.
If you experience issues related to registration or syncing products:
- Check back on your Wall Connector site in 10 minutes.
- Restart your Wall Connector and Tesla app, and then try the registration process again.
If you receive the message ‘Unable to Connect to Internet’:
- Check if your phone is on your home network to have internet access and select the ‘Retry’ option.
If you receive the message ‘Product Already Registered’:
- Check back on your Wall Connector site in 10 minutes and sign in to the Tesla app again.
- Check with any other users who might have potentially registered the Wall Connector.
Contact Customer Support if you continue to receive error messages after following the steps above.