Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Cell Engineering (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Berlin Gigafactory, Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The battery cell is a critical component in Tesla vehicles and storage systems. This role will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our products. The work environment is demanding, fast-paced and incredibly exciting. You will push your limits, and work with talented teams in turning the unbelievable into reality. You will foster an environment where superior work is rewarded, and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building new teams and leading complex, high-volume manufacturing projects in areas like cell/battery production, semiconductors, integrated circuits, displays, etc. This role will lead engineers to design, development, commission, and ramp high-throughput manufacturing lines. This is a cross-functional role that requires coordination between many different groups within and outside of Tesla.
- Build and direct an engineering team on all aspects of critical manufacturing improvement programs – design; development qualification; delivery into high volume production
- Drive cross functional projects with supply chain, production, and research teams
- Lead reviews during the launch and ramp period, support plant and company leadership to make right decisions,
- Organize and prioritize work with minimal guidance and manage priorities, projects and special requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Lead FMEA activities to ensure design and manufacturing issues are identified and risks mitigated.
- Set and maintain the most up to date standards for product quality related.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering for a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in battery manufacturing (Li-ion or chemical), aerospace, or automotive engineering related fields
- Track record of supervising large, cross functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Proven record of transitioning projects from prototype to production
- Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment
- Attention to detail, with the adaptability to handle multiple competing priorities on short deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across business levels and functions.
Nice to Have
- Experience in one or more of the following- Roll to roll; Dry powder handling and processing; Automated mechanical assembly; Stamping; Power electronics; Industrial chemical processing