Customer Privacy Notice
Get to know our Privacy Notice and your choices about how information is used. This notice is designed to provide transparency into our privacy practices, in a format that is easy to read, understand and navigate. Reference each section to get an overview of how we collect, use, share, and safeguard your information, or click learn more to expand and view the full Customer Privacy Notice.
Information We May Collect
We collect three main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services:
(1) Information from or about you or your devices
(2) Information from or about your Tesla vehicle
(3) Information from or about your Tesla energy products
Depending on the Tesla products and services you request, own, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable. Learn more.
- From or about you or your devices
- From or about your Tesla Vehicle
- From or about your Tesla energy products
- From or about you or your devices
We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, email, payment information, driver’s license or other government identification information) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through our Digital Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, email messages, or other digital services (the “Digital Services”), including when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or register your product with us.
- Through credit applications and other forms: We may collect additional information from you or others on your behalf on our credit application and other forms to support our product lease or other financing offerings, such as date of birth, Social Security number, bank routing information, and credit related information. We also receive information about you from consumer reporting agencies such as credit history and capacity.
- From other sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, certified installers, third-party vehicle repair or service centers, and social media platforms.
- Tesla Account: Customers who purchase certain Tesla products will receive a Tesla Account, which is hosted on our website. We may collect and process the following types of data for your Tesla Account that you elect to provide to us: your customer registration information; the status of your order; warranty and other documentation for your Tesla products; and general information about your Tesla products (including, for example, vehicle identification number or other product serial numbers, service plan information, or connectivity package), insurance forms, driver’s licenses, financing agreements, and similar information. You can access your Tesla Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit a Tesla store or repair facility, attend one of our events, sign up for a test drive, place an order over the phone, or contact our customer service or sales department.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Digital Services (such as the Tesla App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Digital Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Digital Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Digital Services and response rates.
We retain the information we collect from or about you, our products, and our services for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. When the information is no longer necessary for these purposes, we delete it or keep it in a form that does not identify you. When determining this retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature of our relationship with you, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and retention periods required by law.
We also collect information in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personally identifiable data for any purpose. If we do combine non-personally identifiable data with your personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
We may collect a variety of information from or about your Tesla vehicle. The type of information collected and processed varies based on your vehicle year, configuration and model. Examples of information collected include:
- Telematics log data: To improve our vehicles and services for you, we may collect certain telematics data regarding the performance, usage, operation, and condition of your Tesla vehicle, including: vehicle identification number; speed information; odometer readings; battery use management information; battery charging history; electrical system functions; software version information; infotainment system data; safety-related data and camera images (including information regarding the vehicle’s SRS systems, braking and acceleration, security, e-brake, and accidents); short video clips of accidents; information regarding the use and operation of Autopilot, Summon, Sentry and other features; and other data to assist in identifying issues and analyzing the performance of the vehicle. We may collect such information either in person (such as during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Remote analysis data: We may be able to dynamically connect to your Tesla vehicle to diagnose and resolve issues with it, and this process may result in access to personal settings in the vehicle (such as contacts, browsing history, and navigation history). This dynamic connection also enables us to view the current location of your vehicle, but such access is restricted to a limited number of personnel within Tesla.
- Safety analysis data: In order to help improve our products and services, we may collect and store other vehicle data, including: data about accidents or near accident-like circumstances involving your Tesla vehicle (e.g., air bag deployment, camera sensor data and images, and other recent sensor data); data about remote services (e.g., remote lock/unlock, start/stop charge, and honk-the-horn commands); a data report to confirm that your vehicle is online together with information about the current software version and certain telematics data; vehicle connectivity information; data about any issues that could materially impair operation of your vehicle; data about any safety-critical issues; and data about each software and firmware update. We may collect such information either in person (such as during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Service history: In order to facilitate the servicing of your car, we may collect and process data about the service history of each Tesla vehicle, such as the customer’s name, vehicle identification number, repair history, any outstanding recalls, any bills due, any customer complaints, and any other information related to its service history.
- Charging information: We may collect information regarding the charge rate and charging stations used by you (including use of superchargers, as well as home or commercial outlets) in order to, for example, analyze which charging stations are being utilized, how long and efficient battery charges are, where additional charging stations are needed, and in some jurisdictions, may participate in government fuel standard programs.
- Autopilot information: To further help develop and improve autonomous safety features, we may collect non-personally identifiable images or short video clips using the car’s external cameras to learn how to recognize things like lane lines, street signs, and traffic light positions. These images and short video clips are not linked to your vehicle identification number and we have safeguards that prevent the search of our internal system for clips associated with a specific car. Separately, if you agree to allow us to collect video clips, Sentry Mode will send recorded video clips linked to your VIN to Tesla for temporary backup. We may also use these clips to help enhance detection for Sentry Mode. You can enable or disable the collection of these clips any time via the “Data Sharing” setting in Controls > Safety & Security.
- Advanced features: We may provide you with advanced features in your Tesla vehicle, such as real-time traffic, Autopilot, and Summon, which make use of the road segment data of your vehicle and we may share this data with partners in a non-personally identifiable manner (e.g., by masking the vehicle identification number) in order to help us provide the service to you. We also may collect similar data in connection with other features, such as the navigation data for the online routing feature, and may share it with business partners in a non-personally identifiable manner, where necessary to provide the feature to you. We also only collect or share this data if you enable this collection, although if you do so, your vehicle may send this data to Tesla and its partners even if you are not actively using a feature that needs this information. You can enable or disable the collection and sharing of this data at any time via the “Data Sharing” setting in Controls > Safety & Security.
- Opting out of data sharing: If you no longer wish us to collect telematics log data or any other data from your Tesla vehicle, please contact us as indicated in the “How to contact us” section below. Please note that if you opt out from the collection of telematics log data or any other data from your Tesla vehicle (with the exception of the Data Sharing setting detailed above), we will not be able to notify you of issues applicable to your vehicle in real time. This may result in your vehicle suffering from reduced functionality, serious damage, or inoperability, and it may also disable many features of your vehicle including periodic software and firmware updates, remote services, and interactivity with mobile applications and in-car features such as location search, Internet radio, voice commands, and web browser functionality.
We may collect a variety of information from or about your Tesla energy products or your home from you, via a certified installer when one of our energy advisers visits your home, from your electric utility, or from the installed products (directly or via paired equipment, such as an inverter), including:
- Energy installation information: We may collect information about your home, such as the dimensions of your roof, the configuration of your electric system, the capacity of any existing solar system, your installation date, number of products installed, and serial number(s).
- Energy product performance data: In order to provide and improve our energy products and services, we may collect data regarding where your product is installed and how it is configured, data related to the product’s use and performance (e.g., usable energy capacity, rated power, battery efficiency, and other energy logs), information regarding your home energy consumption, and other information relevant to diagnose issues.
- Opting out of Data Sharing: If you no longer wish us to collect performance data or any other data from your Tesla energy product, please contact us as indicated in the “How to contact us” section below. Please note that if you opt out from the collection of performance data from your Tesla energy product, we will not be able to notify you of issues applicable to your energy product in real time. This may result in your energy product suffering from reduced functionality, serious damage, or inoperability, and it may also disable many features of your energy product including periodic software and firmware updates.
How We May Use Your Information
We may use information we collect to:
(1) Communicate with you
(2) Fulfill our products and services
(3) Improve and enhance development of our products and services
This includes contacting you (or other necessary parties) to advise you of important safety-related information, to notify first responders in the event of an accident involving your vehicle, present products and offers tailored to you, or to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests for product information, newsletters, or other events. Learn more.
- To communicate with you
- To fulfill our products and services
- To improve and enhance development of our products and services
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts, information about events, or brochures.
- To set up, evaluate, and provide feedback regarding your Tesla test drive, a home visit by one of our energy advisers, or the installation of your energy product.
- To advise you of important safety-related information about your vehicle or energy product or to notify first responders in the event of an accident involving your vehicle.
- From time to time, we may send administrative information to you, such as information regarding our products and services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Due to this information being important to your interaction with Tesla, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- To present products and offers tailored to you and to enhance our lists with information from other sources.
- To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
- Þú getur afþakkað að fá send kynningartengd samskipti hvenær sem er.
We may use information we collect to provide our products and services, including:
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, including to process your payments, fulfill your requests for product leasing or financing, have your order installed or delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
- We may use your information, including vehicle identification number or other product serial number, to verify identity, assist with your request, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use the vehicle identification number to determine which product you may need assistance with.
- To provide service to your Tesla product, such as to contact you with service recommendations and to deliver over-the-air updates to your product.
- To monitor your Tesla product’s performance and provide services related to your product.
- To deliver any other services you have requested.
We also may use information we collect for other purposes, including:
- To develop and promote new products and services, and to improve or modify our existing products and services.
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our products and services.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Except as described above and below, Tesla may use or share non-personally identifiable information for any purpose, such as for operational or research purposes, for industry analysis, to improve or modify our products and services, to better tailor our products and services to your needs, and where legally required.
Sharing Your Information
We may share information with:
(1) Our service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf
(2) Third parties you authorize
(3) Other third parties as required by law
Some examples of when we may share your information include, payment processing, order fulfillment, product installation, customer service, marketing, financing, service or repair, and other similar services. Learn more.
- With our service providers and business partners
- With third parties you authorize
- With other third parties as required by law or other circumstances
We do not sell your personal information to anyone for any purpose, period.
- With our service providers and business partners
We may share information with our service providers and business partners or Tesla affiliates (companies that are owned or controlled by Tesla, Inc. and companies in which Tesla, Inc. has a substantial ownership interest) when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf, such as in the following:
- With our third party service providers and channel partners to provide services such as website hosting, data analysis and storage, payment processing, order fulfillment and product installation, wireless connectivity to Tesla products, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, product design, product diagnostics, maintenance or related services, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing, marketing, voice command processing, and other similar services.
- With repair estimate providers and any insurance company to enable Tesla or third party service center or providers to perform services on your vehicle such as repair or maintenance. When you request Tesla to perform certain services, we share limited information about you and the vehicle with these parties to help provide you with an accurate repair estimate and to facilitate payment. Repair estimate providers may use this information in the aggregate to create and publish industry analytics.
- With other third party business partners to the extent that they are involved in the purchase, lease, or service of your Tesla products. We share limited information from or about you or your Tesla products to allow you to take advantage of those services if you elect to utilize them, with such partners as finance institutions, leasing, registration, title companies, electric utilities, permitting authorities and insurance companies.
We may share information with other third parties you authorize, such as in the following circumstances:
- With our certified installers, where we do not directly sell you the energy products that you have requested.
- With third party utilities or energy services companies, where you have agreed to allow them to monitor or control your energy product.
- With third party service centers or providers, if you choose to utilize them. Note that some information about you is stored on certain Tesla products and may be accessible directly to the third party service centers or providers that you choose to utilize to diagnose or service your Tesla product.
- With third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions, if you elect to participate.
We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you opt in to that sharing. If you wish to opt out of any processing of information for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent, you may do so by contacting us as indicated in the “How to contact us” section below.
Tesla may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas or other court orders); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our products and services, Tesla, third parties, visitors, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
We may also share information in other circumstances, such as:
- With your employer or other fleet operator or the owner of the Tesla product, if you do not directly own it and as authorized under applicable law.
- In some jurisdictions, Tesla participates in government programs relating to environmental standards or the promotion of renewable fuel to reduce carbon emissions. Tesla’s participation in such programs assists Tesla to scale investments and accelerate the development of Tesla’s charging infrastructure network, including Superchargers. Participation in some programs may require that Tesla share certain limited vehicle information and charging statistics with government or regulatory agencies as dictated by the terms of these programs, which may include your vehicle identification number and aggregated data that includes information about vehicle charging.
- With a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Choice and Transparency
We enable you to access and control the data that we collect, use and share from or about you, or your use of our products or services, including through device permissions, in-app settings, marketing opt-outs, and disabling collection of certain vehicle data. Learn more.
- Configuring your browser to decline or accept cookies.
- Opting out of analytics tools.
- Disabling the collection of telematics log data from your vehicle.
- Enabling or disabling the collection and sharing of certain data to support advanced features in your vehicle.
- Disabling the collection of performance data from your Tesla energy product.
- Opting out of other types of data processing for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent.
Electronic communications: If you no longer want to receive promotional-related emails or messages via the Tesla app from us, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in the communication received from us, by changing your communication preferences here, or by contacting us as indicated in the “How to contact us” section below. Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages.
Telephone calls or text communications: By providing a cell phone number when placing an order with us, you consent to receive promotional-related text messages that may be sent using automated means from or on behalf of Tesla. Your consent to receive these messages is not a condition of any purchase. If you would like to stop receiving promotional-related or automated text messages from us, simply follow the instructions in the text message you received. If you receive a marketing-related call from us and do not want to receive similar calls in the future, or if you do not want to receive automated calls from us, simply ask to be placed on our “do not call” list. Please note that you may still receive manually placed text messages regarding administrative, safety, or product service issues even if you opt out of receiving marketing or automated text messages.
Data privacy requests: In certain jurisdictions you may have the rights to request access to and receive information about certain data that we maintain about you; update and correct inaccuracies in that information; have the information restricted or deleted; object or withdraw your consent to certain uses of information; and lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. You may also have the right to data portability with regard to the data you provided to us. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. You have several methods to exercise your rights, including:
- If you would like to exercise your rights in relation to information from or about you, you may do so by submitting a Data Privacy Request, or by contacting us as indicated in the “How to contact us” section below.
- You can access your Tesla Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “How to contact us” section below.
Additionally, if you sell or transfer your Tesla product to another person, please notify us so that we can determine whether additional steps are required to help safeguard information from or about you from disclosure to the purchaser or transferee of the Tesla product.
This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which our Digital Services link. The inclusion of a link on our Digital Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates, nor does it imply an affiliation with the third party.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, or wireless service provider, including any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our software applications or social media pages.
In addition, our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that these individuals not provide any information to Tesla.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom (“UK”), or Switzerland, we comply with applicable legal requirements for the transfer of personal information to countries outside of the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland. In particular, Tesla has certified its adherence to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce and the European Commission, and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, respectively, with respect to the processing of certain personal information transferred from the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland to Tesla and its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiaries. Tesla’s Privacy Shield Policy is available below. In addition, Tesla has entered into Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission where appropriate.
We may rely on various legal grounds to collect, use, and otherwise process your information, including: your consent; that the information is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; to comply with a legal obligation; to protect your, or someone else’s vital interests; or for a legitimate interest that is balanced against your rights and interests. These legitimate interests may include Tesla’s interest in improving its products and services, enhancing safety and security, protecting Tesla or its business partners against wrongful conduct, and responding to customer inquiries and claims. Where applicable, we will inform you whether and why we need certain information from you, for example, whether we need the information to fulfill a legal or contractual requirement and what the consequences are of not providing the information.
If you are located in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, Tesla International B.V. is responsible for processing your personal information. We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted by:
- Email us at DPO@tesla.com.
- Mail at Tesla International B.V., Attn: DPO, 122 Burgemeester Stramanweg, 1101 EN Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Tesla, Inc. and its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiaries (collectively, “Tesla U.S.”) have subscribed to and will comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (the “Frameworks”) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the processing of Personal Information (as defined below) that is transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom (“UK”), and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. Tesla U.S. has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles (the “Principles”). If there is any conflict between this Policy and the Principles, the Principles will govern. To learn more about the Frameworks, and to view our certification, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
This Privacy Shield Policy supplements our Tesla Privacy Notice. Capitalized terms used in this Privacy Shield Policy have the meaning given to them by our Tesla Privacy Notice, unless specifically defined in this Policy. This Privacy Shield Policy applies to Tesla U.S., which is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
Personal Information Received from the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland: Tesla U.S. may receive from the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland some or all of the information listed in our Tesla Privacy Notice. Some of that information may qualify as “personal information” or “personal data” (collectively, “Personal Information”) as defined in the Principles. To the extent that Tesla U.S. receives Personal Information from the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland in reliance on the Frameworks, Tesla U.S. will handle such Personal Information in accordance with the Principles.
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation: Tesla U.S. may use the Personal Information it receives from the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland for the purposes set forth in our Tesla Privacy Notice or as you may otherwise be notified. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we process is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current to the extent necessary for the purposes for which we use the Personal Information. We will not process Personal Information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. We will adhere to the Principles for as long as we retain the Personal Information collected under the Frameworks.
Onward Transfers: Our Tesla Privacy Notice describes the circumstances in which we may disclose your information to third parties. We remain responsible for the processing of Personal Information received under the Frameworks and subsequently transferred to a third party acting as an agent if the agent processes such Personal Information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. We may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Data Security: We use reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
Choice: We will give you an opportunity to choose whether your Personal Information may be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you, or if we intend to disclose it to a third party acting as a data controller that we have not previously disclosed to you. In such circumstances, we will notify you and offer you the opportunity to opt out of such uses and/or disclosures where non-sensitive Personal Information is involved, and to opt in where sensitive Personal Information is involved.
Access to Personal Information: Our Tesla Privacy Notice sets forth methods by which you may access and/or submit requests to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete information from or about you. Tesla U.S. will comply with the Principles in its handling of such requests with respect to Personal Information.
Recourse and Enforcement: If you have any questions or concerns, please write to us at the address listed below. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding our use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with the Principles. If an issue cannot be resolved through Tesla’s internal dispute resolution mechanism, you may submit a complaint, at no cost, to JAMS, which serves as Tesla’s third-party alternative dispute resolution provider. For claimed violations of the Principles not resolved by these mechanisms, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration as detailed in the Principles.
Contact Information: If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about this Privacy Shield Policy or Tesla’s privacy practices, please contact us by email at email@example.com or write to us at the following address: Tesla, Inc., Attn: Legal – Privacy, 45500 Fremont Boulevard, Fremont, California 94538, United States.
Privacy Shield Policy Changes: This Policy may be changed from time to time, consistent with the requirements of the Frameworks. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the bottom of this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when posted to our website.
How to Contact Us
For questions or comments, to opt out from certain services, or to submit a data privacy request, please contact us.
Tesla Updates are emails, calls or messages via the Tesla app (all of them referred to as ‘messages’) that provide more information on Tesla products, services and regional events. Tesla Updates may be tailored to your needs and interests that we may infer from your interaction with us. We are requesting this consent on our own behalf and that of our regional subsidiaries. You can withdraw your consent to receive commercial electronic messages at any time by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of these emails or Tesla app message, or letting our customer representative know about your decision. Some messages directly related to a Tesla purchase cannot be opted out of.
45500 Fremont Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94538
- Payment Terms for Services
- Úrvals tengimöguleikar
- Supercharger Fair Use Policy
- Tesla Intellectual Property
Payment Terms for Services
These Terms of Service describe your agreement to pay for future services and charges. Tesla may amend these terms and any changes are effective when posted to this page.
In consideration of others who need to use a Supercharger, we ask that you move your vehicle when it is finished charging. To encourage this, you will incur an idle fee for the time your car remains parked in a charging stall after it is finished charging. We will waive the idle fee if your car is moved within five minutes after it is finished charging, and the idle fee will not accumulate while less than half of the charging stalls at your location are occupied. All vehicles are subject to idle fees, regardless of when your vehicle was purchased. To avoid idle fees, we recommend you monitor your vehicle while using a Supercharger and encourage you to use the Tesla mobile app to track your vehicle's charge status.
Idle fees are incurred on a per minute basis. The idle fee rate for each location may change from time to time, and the latest information is provided in the map pin pop-up (accessible through the navigation application on your vehicle touchscreen). By remaining parked in a charging stall after your vehicle is finished charging, you accept the idle fee rate communicated to you through the map pin pop-up. For additional information, please see our idle fee support page.
Greiðsla eftir notkun
All vehicles ordered after January 15, 2017, and vehicles ordered by January 15, 2017 but built after April 15, 2017, are enabled for Supercharging on a pay per use basis. Any credits for free Supercharging that are given with the purchase of a vehicle, including any annual renewal of credits, expire upon the sale or transfer of the vehicle and are not transferable to any subsequent vehicle owner, or to any other vehicle. Credits for Supercharging expire after a set period of time and do not rollover into future periods.
Pay per use billing is on a per kilowatt hour basis in jurisdictions where this is feasible, and as a service fee on a per minute basis in other jurisdictions. The pay per use billing unit and rate for each location may change from time to time, and the latest information is provided in the map pin pop-up (accessible through the navigation application on your vehicle touchscreen). By charging your vehicle in a particular location, you accept the price of charging communicated to you through the map pin pop-up. For additional information, please see our Supercharger support page.
Úrvals tengimögulekar eru í boði fyrir marga Tesla-bíla með greiddri áskrift. Upplýsingar um þjónustuna eru fáanlegar á heimasíðu Tesla.
- Breytingar á skilmálum
Við megum breyta þessum skilmálum; breyta, bæta við eða eyða þjónustum eða eiginleikum sem tilheyra þeim; og breyta verðinu sem við setjum upp fyrir þjónustuna hvenær sem er. Ef verð þjónustunnar sem þú færð breytist eða eiginleikar hennar breytast umtalsvert til hins verra, taka þær breytingar ekki gildi fyrr en næsta mánaðarlega tímabili þjónustunnar lýkur. Við munum tilkynna þér um slíka breytingu með því að birta breyttu skilmálana á vefsíðu okkar og/eða í Tesla-reikningnum þínum. Þú berð ábyrgð á því að fara reglulega yfir þessa skilmála. Ef þú segir þjónustu þinni ekki upp fyrir gildistökudag breytinganna, þá breytist verð hennar og/eða eiginleikar á þann hátt sem ákveðið hefur verið.
- Gjaldfærslur annarra aðila
Þú ert ábyrg(ur) fyrir því að greiða beint öðrum aðilum fyrir þjónustu sem þeir veita þér beint sem falla ekki berum orðum undir þjónustu þína. Samningur þessi hefur engin áhrif á skilmála þeirra samninga sem þú kannt að hafa gert við aðra.
- Greiðslusamþykki þitt
Þú berð ábyrgð á að greiða allar kröfur tímanlega og að fullu og að geyma gildar kreditkortaupplýsingar hjá okkur. Við skuldfærum það kreditkort sjálfkrafa mánaðarlega á mánaðardegi gildistöku samnings þessa nema þú segir þjónustunni þinni upp fyrir viðeigandi endurnýjunardag. Til dæmis, ef upphafsdagur áskriftar þinnar er 23/3/2020, þá er næsti gjalddagi 23/4/2020. Ef þú kaupir áskrift 29., 30. eða 31. dag tiltekins mánaðar færist mánaðardagur gildistöku sjálfkrafa yfir á hinn 1. næsta mánaðar. Fyrir febrúarmánuð á þetta einnig við ef kaupdagsetning áskriftar er hinn 27., 28. eða 29. Ávallt er gjaldfært áður en samsvarandi tímabil hefst. Við megum segja þjónustunni þinni upp eða stöðva hana án þess að tilkynna þér það ef útgefandi kredit-, greiðslu- eða debetkorts þíns hafnar skuldfærslu frá okkur eða ef kortið er á annan hátt ógilt. Ef við segjum upp eða stöðvum þjónustuna þína, ertu eftir sem áður skyldug(ur) til að greiða þær kröfur sem eru þá eftirstæðar.
- Stöðvun eða uppsögn
Við megum ákveða að stöðva eða segja þjónustunni upp án viðvörunar, eða gefa út viðvörun, þ.m.t. vegna viðhalds eða endurbóta á netkerfi eða kerfum eða bilunar í þeim, eða ef okkur grunar að þjónustan þín sé notuð í óheimilum eða óviðeigandi tilgangi, vegna þess að þú hefur brotið gegn skilmálum þessum eða af ástæðum sem eru ótengdar þér eða reikningi þínum hjá okkur. Ef þjónustan er stöðvuð eða henni sagt upp af einhverjum ástæðum, viðurkennir þú og samþykkir að þú getir þá mögulega ekki nálgast hana.
Ef við kjósum að segja þjónustunni þinni upp, áttu rétt á að hlutfallsleg fyrirframgreiðsla þín fyrir eftirstætt mánaðartímabil þjónustunnar verði endurgreidd þér eða færð sem inneign.
- Uppsögn þín
Þú getur sagt þjónustunni upp hvenær sem er í gegnum Tesla-reikninginn þinn eða með því að hafa samband við þjónustudeild okkar og láta okkur vita að þú viljir segja henni upp. Ef þú segir henni upp tekur sú uppsögn gildi þegar yfirstandandi mánaðartímabili áskriftarinnar lýkur.
- Endurvirkjun þjónustunnar
Þú hefur ekki rétt til að láta endurvirkja þjónustuna þína, jafnvel þótt þú lagfærir þau atriði sem leiddu til þess að henni var sagt upp eða hún stöðvuð. Við höfum frjálst ákvörðunarvald um það hvort við leyfum þér að njóta þjónustunnar aftur. Ef við ákveðum að endurvirkja þjónustuna þína, höfum við rétt til að krefja þig um endurvirkjunargjald.
- Framsal þjónustunnar, sala á bíl, uppsögn leigu
Þjónustan er ekki framseljanleg til síðari eiganda bílsins.
Þú verður að láta okkur vita ef þú selur eða framselur bílinn þinn eða hættir að hafa hann á leigu. Ef þér láist að láta okkur vita verðurðu áfram skyldug(ur) til að greiða fyrir þá þjónustu sem veitt er vegna bílsins. Þú berð ábyrgð á því að fjarlægja öll gögn og efni (þ.m.t. persónuupplýsingar), ef einhver eru, sem þú hefur geymt í kerfinu þínu áður en þú selur eða framselur bílinn þinn.
- Ábyrgð þín á að nota bílinn og þjónustuna rétt
Þú viðurkennir og samþykkir að þú ein(n) berð alla áhættu af og ábyrgð á því hvort eða hvernig þú notar eða reiðir þig á upplýsingar eða efni sem þjónustan gerir aðgengilegt. Þú ein(n) berð ábyrgð á að tryggja að þú (og/eða aðrir sem ferðast með bílnum þínum) fylgir leiðbeiningum um notkun þjónustunnar og sýnir skynsemi og farir eftir umferðarlögum og öllum öðrum viðeigandi lögum og reglugerðum við akstur bílsins; við notkun búnaðarins og þjónustunnar; og/eða við mat þitt á því hvort öruggt sé og löglegt að nota einhverja þjónustu (eða móttekin leiðsögugögn) við þær kringumstæður sem uppi eru.
- Ábyrgð þín á viðhaldi bílsins
Til þess að við getum veitt þér þjónustuna verður bíllinn þinn og þ.m.t. rafkerfið að vera í góðu lagi og rafgeymirinn þarf að hafa næga hleðslu. Þjónustan virkar mögulega ekki ef þú reynir að breyta eða bæta við búnaði eða hugbúnaði í bílnum sem við höfum ekki heimilað sérstaklega eða sem samræmist þjónustunni ekki. Þú berð ein(n) ábyrgð á réttu viðhaldi bílsins og kerfa hans.
- Bann við notkun í atvinnuskyni og endursölu þjónustunnar
Þjónustan, þ.m.t. skilaboð, gögn, upplýsingar, efni eða annað sem veitt er með henni, er aðeins ætluð til notkunar þinnar sem er ekki í atvinnuskyni og þjónustan er ekki ætluð til endursölu. Ákveðnar upplýsingar sem þú móttekur með þjónustunni tilheyra okkur (eða ytri aðilum) og kunna að lúta höfundarrétti, vörumerki, þjónustumerki eða einkaleyfi eins eða fleiri aðila eða annarri lagalegri vernd. Þú mátt ekki (né heldur máttu leyfa eða láta annan aðila) selja eða endurselja eða á annan hátt nota þjónustuna eða upplýsingar sem þú færð með henni í atvinnuskyni, né heldur máttu endurgera, afrita, breyta, reyna að vendismíða, skapa afleidd verk útfrá eða á annan hátt birta eða dreifa upplýsingum sem þú færð með þjónustunni.
Ýmsar aðstæður sem við höfum ekki stjórn á kunna að hindra eða seinka því að við veitum þér þjónustu eða haft áhrif á gæði hennar. Nokkur dæmi eru aðstæður í andrúmslofti, landslags- eða landfræðilegar aðstæður (svo sem háhýsi, hæðir eða jarðgöng), skemmdir eða ófullnægjandi viðhald á bílnum þínum eða búnaði, landslög, reglur eða reglugerðir, bilun, ofálag eða rof hjá rafmagns- eða símaveitu eða í þráðlausu netkerfi (þ.m.t. truflun á farsímaþjónustu), stríð, ófyrirsjáanlegur atburður, náttúruhamfarir, illviðri og verkföll. Ef eitthvað af framangreindu á sér stað, megum við að vild okkar stöðva þjónustuna eða segja henni upp án þess að láta þig vita og án bótaábyrgðar. Við berum ekki ábyrgð ef veiting þjónustunnar tefst eða rofnar vegna aðstæðna sem við höfum ekki stjórn á og þú átt ekki rétt á inneign eða endurgreiðslu vegna slíkrar tafar eða rofs.
Komi til reglubundinna, stjórnvaldslegra eða annarra lögboðinna breytinga, eða stöðvunar eða breytingar á nauðsynlegum fjarskiptakerfum og -þjónustu (t.d. ef þráðlausrar-þjónustuveitandi okkar segir upp eða takmarkar þráðlausa þjónustu af þeirri gerð sem búnaður bílsins þíns notar), berð þú ein(n) ábyrgð á því að skipta um þann búnað sem þarf vegna þeirrar breytingar eða uppsagnar, og kostnaðinum við það, nema ef breytingin á sér stað á grunnábyrgðartíma bílsins, þá berð þú kostnaðinn við skiptin, en við berum ábyrgð á að afla og láta þér í té nauðsynlega varahluti (ef við á).
Tesla ábyrgist hvorki né tryggir að þjónusta verði í boði á tilteknum tíma eða ávallt eða á tilteknum stað, eða að takist að veita hana án truflana, tafa eða villna. Hvorki við né þjónustuaðilar okkar ábyrgjumst neitt um (1) búnaðinn eða annan vél- eða hugbúnað sem notaður er með þjónustunni, (2) þjónustuna, (3) að með honum eða henni sé ekki brotið gegn réttindum annarra, eða (4) gögn eða upplýsingar eða aðra þjónustu sem veitt er með þjónustunni. Þar með talið, án takmarkana, tökum við enga ábyrgð á öryggi, heiti, efni, gæðum, nákvæmni, tímabærni, fullkomleika, réttleika, áreiðanleika eða seljanleika þjónustunnar, né því að hún henti í tilteknum tilgangi eða fyrir tiltekin not. Þjónustuskilmálar þessir útiloka gagngert alla slíka ábyrgð. Við höfnum gagngert hverskyns yfirlýstri og undirskilinni ábyrgð.
Eina ábyrgðin sem gildir um búnaðinn í bílnum þínum er sú sem fylgir því að þú keyptir hann eða tókst á leigu. Slík ábyrgð nær ekki til þjónustunnar, hvorki að hluta né öllu leyti.
Hvorki við né nokkurt Tesla-fyrirtæki né þjónustuaðilar okkar taka á sig neina áhættu eða ábyrgð á notkun þinni á þjónustunni, né upplýsingum eða öðru efni sem afhent er með þjónustunni. Þú viðurkennir og samþykkir að hvorki við, neitt Tesla-fyrirtæki, né neinn þjónustuaðili okkar beri bótaábyrgð ef símtal rofnar eða truflun verður á þjónustu, eða á vandamálum sem þú, ytri aðili, byggingar, hæðir, jarðgöng, ofálag á netkerfi, aðstæður í andrúmslofti, ófyrirsjáanlegir atburðir eða náttúruhamfarir valda eða stuðla að eða einhverjar aðrar aðstæður eða kringumstæður sem við höfum ekki stjórn á (eins og nánar er lýst að framan í 5. gr. skilmála þessara).
Auk þess bera hvorki við, neitt Tesla-fyrirtæki né neinn þjónustuaðili okkar bótaábyrgð (1) ef okkur láist að hafa samband við einhvern þjónustuaðila eða annan aðila við tilteknar aðstæður (þ.m.t. starfsmenn neyðarþjónustu), (2) á aðgerð eða aðgerðaleysi annars fyrirtækis sem leggur til hluta af þjónustu okkar eða búnað fyrir hana, (3) á villum eða mistökum söluaðila, dreifingaraðila eða framleiðenda sem eiga þátt í tilboðum sem gerð eru fyrir tilstilli okkar, eða (4) á tjóni sem stafar eða hlýst af notkun, uppsetningu, viðgerð eða viðhaldi þínu (eða einhvers á þínum vegum) á þjónustunni, eða vöru eða þjónustu sem ytri aðilar veita eða framleiða.
Tesla ber bótaábyrgð án takmarkana samkvæmt samningnum á dauða, líkams- eða heilsutjóni sem hlýst af ásetningsgjörð eða gáleysi sem og öðru tjóni sem hlýst af ásetningsgjörð eða stórfelldu gáleysi af hálfu Tesla eða löglegra fulltrúa þess eða umboðsaðila.
Í tilviki brots á veigamikilli samningsskyldu sem stafar af gáleysi sem er ekki stórfellt, takmarkast skylda Tesla til að greiða bætur eða endurgreiða kostnað við þær upphæðir sem má almennt búast við að dómur myndi ákvarða, nema Tesla beri ótakmarkaða bótaábyrgð samkvæmt ákvæðum fyrri málsgreinar. Veigamiklar samningsskuldbindingar eru samningsskuldbindingar sem þurfa að vera efndar til að framkvæma megi samninginn eðlilega og sem þú reiðir þig reglulega á og mátt reiða þig á að séu efndar (meginskyldur).
Þetta hefur ekki áhrif á bótaábyrgð Tesla á grundvelli viðeigandi reglugerða um vöruábyrgð.
Hverskyns ábyrgð Tesla umfram fyrrgreind tilvik er útilokuð. Í þeim tilvikum, ef þjónustan veldur þér vandræðum eða óánægju, er eina úrræðið þitt að segja henni upp og hætta að nota hana.
Þú samþykkir að ábyrgðartakmarkanir í skilmálum þessum gildi áfram eftir lok þjónustu þinnar. Þær ábyrgðartakmarkanir eiga ekki aðeins við um þig, heldur alla sem nota bílinn þinn, þjónustuna, alla sem gera kröfu fyrir þína hönd og um allar kröfur sem fjölskylda þín, starfsmenn, viðskiptavinir eða aðrir gera vegna eða í tengslum við einhverja þjónustu sem við eða þjónustuaðilar okkar veita.
Við notum hugbúnað í tengslum við þjónustuna. Við eigum þann hugbúnað eða erum rétthafar hans og þú öðlast engan rétt til hans nema réttinn til að nota hann á þann hátt sem notkun þín á þjónustunni útheimtir samkvæmt heimild í skilmálum þínum. Við kunnum að uppfæra eða breyta hugbúnaði bílsins þíns af og til, mögulega úr fjarlægð án þess að láta þig vita eða leita samþykkis þíns. Þær hugbúnaðaruppfærslur og breytingar kunna að hafa áhrif á gögn sem þú hefur áður geymt í búnaðinum í bílnum (svo sem upplýsingar um sérstakar leiðir eða ákvörðunarstaði) eða valda því að þau eyðist. Við berum ekki ábyrgð á gögnum sem hafa týnst eða eyðst (eða á annan hátt orðið fyrir áhrifum) og þú ein(n) berð ábyrgð á þeim gögnum sem þú hefur halað niður, hlaðið upp eða sent úr, til eða í gegnum eða á annan hátt geymt á eða í búnaðinum eða þjónustunni.
Þú skilur að það er háð högun bílsins og landsvæði hvaða hugbúnaður er tiltækur, sem aftur getur haft áhrif á aðgang þinn að þjónustunni og/eða eiginleikum hennar.
- Gildandi lög
Skilmálar samnings þessa lúta lögum þess lands þar sem við höfum leyfi til að selja vélknúin ökutæki sem næst er heimilisfanginu sem þú gafst upp á heimasíðu okkar þegar þú lagðir inn þessa pöntun, og ber að túlka þá samkvæmt þeim.
- Allur samningurinn
Skilmálar þessir mynda allan samninginn milli þín og okkar. Þeir koma í stað allra annarra samninga, orðsendinga eða yfirlýsinga, munnlegra eða skriflegra, milli okkar, í fortíð eða nútíð. Við berum ekki ábyrgð á yfirlýsingum, samningum, staðhæfingum, ábyrgðum eða samkomulögum, munnlegum eða skriflegum, þ.m.t. án takmarkana, yfirlýsingum frá ytri aðilum varðandi þjónustuna sem þér er veitt samkvæmt skilmálum þessum, nema þær yfirlýsingar, samningar, staðhæfingar, ábyrgðir eða samkomulög séu beinlínis hluti af eða falli undir skilmála þessa.
- Varanleiki ákvæða
Jafnvel eftir lok þjónustu þinnar og nema nýr samningur sem við gerðum okkar á milli hafi tekið við af henni, gilda ákvæði skilmála þessara áfram.
- Eftirgjöf; Sjálfstæði ákvæða
Ef við ákveðum að framfylgja ekki einhverjum hluta skilmála þessara í tilteknu tilviki, eða í tilviki brots gegn þeim, bakar það okkur ekki skyldu til að samþykkja slíka eftirgjöf í einhverju öðru tilviki eða gagnvart öðru broti. Ef einhver hluti skilmála þessara er úrskurðaður ógildur eða óframfylgjanlegur, eru þeir eftir sem áður gildir og framfylgjanlegir að öllu öðru leyti.
Ef þú ert neytandi og hefur gert samning þennan með fjarsamskiptum (í gegnum alnetið, síma, tölvupóst eða álíka) hefurðu rétt til að rifta honum innan 14 daga án þess að gefa upp ástæður skv. eftirfarandi ákvæðum.
Riftunarfrestur er 14 dagar frá dagsetningu samningsins.
Til að nýta rétt þinn til riftunar verður þú að upplýsa okkur (Tesla Motors Iceland ehf., Krókháls 13, 110 Reykjavík, Ísland) með skýrri yfirlýsingu (t.d. bréf sent með pósti) um að þú hafir ákveðið að rifta samningi þessum. Þú getur notað meðfylgjandi riftunareyðublað í þessu skyni, en það er ekki skylda.
Til að tilkynning þín um nýtingu réttar þíns til riftunar teljist vera innan riftunarfrestsins nægir að þú sendir hana áður en hann rennur út.
Ef þú riftir samningi þessum endurgreiðum við þér allt sem þú hefur greitt okkur, þ.m.t. afhendingargjöld (nema viðbótargjöld ef þú valdir aðra afhendingaraðferð en ódýrustu staðalsendingu sem við bjóðum), strax og ekki síðar en 14 dögum frá því að við móttökum tilkynningu um að þú riftir samningi þessum. Fyrir endurgreiðsluna notum við sama greiðslumáta og þú notaðir við upphaflegu viðskiptin nema samið sé sérstaklega um annað við þig; í engu tilviki verðurðu krafin(n) um greiðslu vegna þessarar endurgreiðslu.
(ef þú vilt falla frá samningnum, fylltu þetta eyðublað þá út og sendu það til baka).
- To Tesla Motors Iceland ehf., Krókháls 13, 110 Reykjavík, Ísland:
- Hér með rifti ég/riftum við (*) samningnum sem ég/við (*) gerðum um kaup á eftirfarandi vörum (*) / veitingu eftirfarandi þjónustu (*)
- Pöntuð hinn (*) / móttekin hinn (*) -Nafn neytanda/-enda)
- Heimilisfang neytanda/-enda)
- Undirskrift neytanda/-enda (aðeins ef um tilkynningu á pappír er að ræða)
(*) Eyddu eins og viðeigandi er
Supercharger Fair Use Policy
We are continually expanding our global network of Supercharger stations to enable personal long distance travel and to provide a charging solution for those without immediate access to home or workplace charging, thereby accelerating the widespread adoption of electric vehicles. When Superchargers are used beyond their intended purpose, it negatively impacts the availability of Supercharging services for others.
Supercharger Fair Use
To help ensure that Superchargers are available for their intended use, we ask that you not charge your vehicle using a Supercharger if your vehicle is being used:
- as a taxi;
- for ridesourcing or ridesharing (through Uber, Lyft or similar services);
- to commercially deliver or transport goods;
- for government purposes; or
- for any other commercial venture.
If you charge your vehicle in a manner that does not comply with this Supercharger Fair Use Policy, we may ask you to modify this behavior. We may also take additional action to protect the availability of Superchargers for their intended purpose, such as limiting or blocking your vehicle’s ability to use Supercharger stations.
This Policy applies to all Superchargers worldwide and all Tesla vehicles purchased, either new or used, whether from Tesla or a third party, after December 15, 2017. Tesla may choose to exclude certain Supercharger stations or occasional trips from the scope of this Policy, such as to accommodate specific local circumstances.
We encourage the commercial use of Tesla vehicles while using appropriate charging solutions. Please reach out to your local sales contact to explore vehicle and charging options that suit your needs. For questions related to home charging, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tesla Intellectual Property
Copyright 2002-2020 Tesla, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files and their arrangement on Tesla, Inc. internet sites are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted. Some Tesla, Inc. internet sites also contain material that is subject to the copyright rights of their providers.
All prices specified are recommended retail prices. Prices are current at the time of publication and subject to change without notice.
Unless otherwise indicated, all marks displayed on Tesla, Inc. internet sites are subject to the trademark rights of Tesla, Inc., including, but not limited to, model name plates and corporate logos and emblems.
Tesla, Inc. strives to achieve innovative and informative internet sites. Tesla, Inc. hopes that you will be as enthusiastic as we are about this creative effort. However, Tesla, Inc. must protect its intellectual property, including its patents, trademarks and copyrights. Accordingly, please be on notice that neither these internet sites, nor any material contained therein shall in any way grant or be taken to grant any person a license to Tesla, Inc.'s intellectual property.
Cautions Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Internet pages, investor relations releases, outlooks, presentations, audio and video files of events (live or recorded) and other documents on these internet sites contain among other things forward-looking statements that reflect management's current views with respect to future events. The words "anticipate", "assume", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "intend", "may", "plan", "project" and "should" and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to: changes in currency exchange rates, interest rates and in raw material prices; introduction of competing products; increased sales incentives; and decline in resale prices of used vehicles.
No Warranties Or Representations
THE INFORMATION ON THESE INTERNET SITES IS PROVIDED BY TESLA, INC. "AS IS" AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT. WHILE THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE, IT MAY INCLUDE ERRORS OR INACCURACIES.
THESE INTERNET SITES MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES WHICH ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF TESLA, INC. THEREFORE WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY LINKED SITE. TESLA, INC. IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY TESLA, INC. OF THE LINKED SITE.
Human Rights And Conflict Minerals Policy
Tesla expects our suppliers to conduct their worldwide operations in responsible manner in adherence of this policy and the principles enumerated herein. Tesla works collaboratively with our suppliers to encourage compliance with the following principles:
Legal And Regulatory Compliance
Tesla suppliers are to ensure their operations and the products and services supplied to Tesla comply with all national and other applicable laws and regulations.
Tesla's suppliers are expected to use reasonable efforts to ensure that parts and products supplied to Tesla are DRC "conflict-free," meaning that such conflict minerals do not benefit armed groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Conflict-free means such parts and supplies do not contain metals derived from "conflict minerals" which are defined as:
|(iv)||wolframite (tungsten); and|
|(v)||any derivatives of the above.|
The goal of this policy is to ensure that Tesla's products do not directly or indirectly finance or benefit armed groups through mining or mineral trading in the DRC and adjoining countries. Tesla requires its suppliers to establish policies, due diligence frameworks, and management systems, consistent with the OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas, that are designed to accomplish this goal. Tesla expects its suppliers to stay up-to-date with and to use validated conflict free smelters and refiners assessed by the Responsible Mineral Initiative and similar organizations. Tesla performs ongoing due diligence and files annual reports with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in accordance with the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
Tesla is committed to ensuring that its suppliers do not use slave labor or engage in human trafficking. Tesla does not, and will not, tolerate the use of slave labor in the manufacture of its products and does not, and will not, accept products or services from suppliers that engage in human trafficking in any form. Human trafficking and slavery are crimes under state, federal and international law. These crimes exist in countries throughout the world.
Tesla will do the following to ensure compliance by its suppliers with this policy as required by law and as needed:
- Evaluate its supply chain to address risks related to conflict minerals, human trafficking and slavery;
- Audit suppliers, to evaluate supplier compliance with Tesla's Human Rights and Conflict Minerals Policy;
- Require direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into Tesla products comply with the laws regarding conflict minerals, slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business;
- Discipline employees or contractors, including potential termination of contract, who fail to meet Tesla's Human Rights and Conflict Minerals Policy;
- Train certain Tesla employees regarding conflict minerals, human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the Tesla's supply chain;
- Investigate if Tesla has a reasonable basis to believe that a Tesla supplier is engaging in human trafficking, slave labor, or use of conflict minerals; and
- Transition away from purchasing goods or services from any supplier that is believed to be engaging in human trafficking, slave labor, or use of conflict minerals if the supplier does not take corrective actions within a reasonable period of time.
You may contact Tesla's Board of Directors to provide comments or to report concerns. Please write to:
3500 Deer Creek Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304
You may submit your concern anonymously or confidentially by postal mail. You may also indicate whether you are a shareholder, customer, supplier, or other interested party.
You may also provide comments or report concerns by email to: email@example.com.
Open Source at Tesla
These are sources for various systems on Tesla Model S/X/3. The directory structure is as follows:
Pass-through source drop for the parrot BlueTooth module.
For Autopilot and Infotainment system image sources, see:
- Main branch is buildroot-2019.02
- See README.Tesla for more information on contents and configurations
For Autopilot and Infotainment kernel sources, see:
- intel-4.1: Infotainment Intel kernel
- tegra-2.6: Infotainment Tegra kernel
- tegra-4.4: Infotainment Tegra kernel
- tesla-3.18-hw2: Autopilot Nvidia kernel
- tesla-3.18-hw25: Autopilot Nvidia kernel
- tesla-4.14-hw3: Autopilot Tesla kernel
For Autopilot coreboot sources, see:
Forthcoming releases and estimated timelines:
- Harman Radio module for Model 3
- Pass-through source drop: Q3 2018
- Cellular modem modules for Model S/X/3
- Pass-through source drops: Q3 2018
On June 12, 2014, Tesla announced that it will not initiate patent lawsuits against anyone who, in good faith, wants to use its technology. Tesla was created to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport, and this policy is intended to encourage the advancement of a common, rapidly-evolving platform for electric vehicles, thereby benefiting Tesla, other companies making electric vehicles, and the world. These guidelines provide further detail as to how we are implementing this policy.
Tesla irrevocably pledges that it will not initiate a lawsuit against any party for infringing a Tesla Patent through activity relating to electric vehicles or related equipment for so long as such party is acting in good faith. Key terms of the Pledge are explained below.
Definition of Key Terms
"Tesla Patents" means all patents owned now or in the future by Tesla (other than a patent owned jointly with a third party or any patent that Tesla later acquires that comes with an encumbrance that prevents it from being subject to this Pledge). A list of Tesla Patents subject to the Pledge will be maintained at the following URL: https://www.tesla.com/about/legal#patent-list.
A party is "acting in good faith" for so long as such party and its related or affiliated companies have not:
- asserted, helped others assert or had a financial stake in any assertion of (i) any patent or other intellectual property right against Tesla or (ii) any patent right against a third party for its use of technologies relating to electric vehicles or related equipment;
- challenged, helped others challenge, or had a financial stake in any challenge to any Tesla patent; or
- marketed or sold any knock-off product (e.g., a product created by imitating or copying the design or appearance of a Tesla product or which suggests an association with or endorsement by Tesla) or provided any material assistance to another party doing so.
Transfer of Tesla Patents
Should Tesla ever transfer a Tesla Patent to a third party, it will do so only to a party that agrees, by means of a public declaration intended to be binding on such party, to provide the same protection that Tesla provided under the Pledge and to place the same requirement on any subsequent transferee.
The Pledge, which is irrevocable and legally binding on Tesla and its successors, is a "standstill," meaning that it is a forbearance of enforcement of Tesla’s remedies against any party for claims of infringement for so long as such party is acting in good faith. In order for Tesla to preserve its ability to enforce the Tesla Patents against any party not acting in good faith, the Pledge is not a waiver of any patent claims (including claims for damages for past acts of infringement) and is not a license, covenant not to sue, or authorization to engage in patented activities or a limitation on remedies, damages or claims. Except as expressly stated in the Pledge, no rights shall be deemed granted, waived or received by implication, exhaustion, estoppel or otherwise. Finally, the Pledge is not an indication of the value of an arms-length, negotiated license or a reasonable royalty.
What this pledge means is that as long as someone uses our patents for electric vehicles and doesn’t do bad things, such as knocking off our products or using our patents and then suing us for intellectual property infringement, they should have no fear of Tesla asserting its patents against them.
|AU 2008276398||Battery charging based on cost and life|
|CA 2608448||Method and apparatus for mounting, cooling, connecting and protecting batteries|
|CA 2645056||Battery pack and method for protecting batteries|
|CA 2655210||System and method for an efficient rotor for an electric motor|
|CA 2729480||Selective cure of adhesive in modular assemblies|
|CA 2736341||Thermal management system with dual mode coolant loops|
|CN ZL200880107602.X||Battery charging based on cost and life|
|CN ZL200880107604.9||Battery charging|
|CN ZL201110059278.2||Selective cure of adhesive in modular assemblies|
|CN ZL201110132287.X||Thermal management system with dual mode coolant loops|
|CN ZL201110111299.4||Trickle charger for high-energy storage systems|
|DE 602006031107.9||Method and apparatus for mounting, cooling, connecting and protecting batteries|
|DE 602008028434.4||Mitigation of propagation of thermal runaway in a multi-cell battery pack|
|DE 602008042184.8||Method and apparatus for identifying and disconnecting short-circuited battery cells within a battery pack|
|DE 602009003179.1||Varying flux versus torque for maximum efficiency|
|DE 602009005983.1||Improved heat dissipation for large battery packs|
|DE 602009013381.0||All wheel drive electric vehicle power assist drive system|
|DE 602009031035.6||Induction motor with improved torque density|
|DE 602009033635||Flux controlled motor management|
|DE 602010027662.7||Battery pack temperature optimization control system|
|DE 602010000742.1||User configurable vehicle user interface|
|DE 602010008000.5||Adaptive soft buttons for a vehicle user interface|
|DE 602010020070.1||Active thermal runaway mitigation system for use within a battery pack|
|DE 602010021211.4||Battery Pack Enclosure with Controlled Thermal Runaway Release System|
|DE 602010029456.0||Electric motor|
|DE 602010029457.9||Manufacturing method utilizing a dual layer winding pattern|
|DE 602010010295.5||Adaptive audible feedback cues for a vehicle user interface|
|DE 602011000601.0||Battery pack with cell-level fusing and method of using same|
|DE 602011007513.6||AC current control of mobile battery chargers|
|DE 602012000199.2||Charging efficiency using selectable isolation|
|DE 602012003275.8||Battery pack gas exhaust system|
|DE 602013000622.9||Park lock for narrow transmission|
|DE 602013002174.0||Host initiated state control of remote client in communications system|
|EP 1880433||Method and apparatus for mounting, cooling, connecting and protecting batteries|
|EP 2171824||Method and apparatus for identifying and disconnecting short-circuited battery cells within a battery pack|
|EP 2177390||Flux controlled motor management|
|EP 2181481||Mitigation of propagation of thermal runaway in a multi-cell battery pack|
|EP 2202871||Induction motor with improved torque density|
|EP 2213494||All wheel drive electric vehicle power assist drive system|
|EP 2226870||Improved heat dissipation for large battery packs|
|EP 2239811||Battery pack temperature optimization control system|
|EP 2244318||Battery pack enclosure with controlled thermal runaway release system|
|EP 2266201||Varying flux versus torque for maximum efficiency|
|EP 2302727||Active thermal runaway mitigation system for use within a battery pack|
|EP 2305506||Adaptive soft buttons for a vehicle user interface|
|EP 2305508||User configurable vehicle user interface|
|EP 2308713||Adaptive audible feedback cues for a vehicle user interface|
|EP 2388894||Electric motor|
|EP 2388895||Manufacturing method utilizing a dual layer winding pattern|
|EP 2416405||Battery pack with cell-level fusing and method of using same|
|EP 2498370||Charging efficiency using selectable isolation|
|EP 2506336||Battery pack gas exhaust system|
|EP 2587583||AC current control of mobile battery chargers|
|EP 2660112||Park lock for narrow transmission|
|EP 2663028||Host initiated state control of remote client in communications system|
|FR 2181481||Mitigation of propagation of thermal runaway in a multi-cell battery pack|
|FR 2202871||Induction motor with improved torque density|
|FR 2226870||Improved heat dissipation for large battery packs|
|FR 2266201||Varying flux versus torque for maximum efficiency|
|FR 2302727||Active thermal runaway mitigation system for use within a battery pack|
|FR 2305506||Adaptive soft buttons for a vehicle user interface|
|FR 2305508||User configurable vehicle user interface|
|FR 2308713||Adaptive audible feedback cues for a vehicle user interface|
|FR 2416405||Battery pack with cell-level fusing and method of using same|
|FR 2498370||Charging efficiency using selectable isolation|
|FR 2506336||Battery pack gas exhaust system|
|FR 2244318||Battery pack enclosure with controlled thermal runaway release system|
|FR 2660112||Park lock for narrow transmission|
|FR 2587583||AC current control of mobile battery chargers|
|GB 2181481||Mitigation of propagation of thermal runaway in a multi-cell battery pack|
|GB 2202871||Induction motor with improved torque density|
|GB 2266201||Varying flux versus torque for maximum efficiency|
|GB 2226870||Improved heat dissipation for large battery packs|
|GB 2305506||Adaptive soft buttons for a vehicle user interface|
|GB 2305508||User configurable vehicle user interface|
|GB 2308713||Adaptive audible feedback cues for a vehicle user interface|
|GB 2416405||Battery pack with cell-level fusing and method of using same|
|GB 2498370||Charging efficiency using selectable isolation|
|GB 2506336||Battery pack gas exhaust system|
|GB 2587583||AC current control of mobile battery chargers|
|GB 2244318||Battery pack enclosure with controlled thermal runaway release system|
|GB 2302727||Active thermal runaway mitigation system for use within a battery pack|
|GB 2660112||Park lock for narrow transmission|
|HK 1191160||Host initiated state control of remote client in communications system|
|JP 4915969||Battery pack temperature optimization control system|
|JP 4931161||Battery charging|
|JP 4972176||Intelligent temperature control system for extending battery pack life|
|JP 5055347||Multi-mode charging system for electric vehicle|
|JP 5081962||Adaptive soft button for a vehicle user interface|
|JP 5088976||Battery charging based on cost and life|
|JP 5119302||Active thermal runaway mitigation system for use within battery pack|
|JP 5184576||Integrated battery pressure relaxing portion and terminal isolation system|
|JP 5216829||Adaptive vehicle user interface|
|JP 5235942||Method and device for maintaining completeness of cell wall using high yield strength external sleeve|
|JP 5237342||Method for determining dc impedance of battery|
|JP 5258871||System for improving cycle lifetime for lithium-ion battery pack and battery cell pack charging system|
|JP 5274246||Method and apparatus for mounting, cooling, connecting and protecting batteries|
|JP 5285662||Battery pack having resistance to propagation of thermal runaway of cell|
|JP 5306426||Battery pack provided with fuse at cell level and method for using the same|
|JP 5325259||Thermal management system with dual mode coolant loops|
|JP 5325844||Preventing of thermal runaway of cell using double expansible material layers|
|JP 5372128||System for absorbing and diffusing side impact energy using battery pack|
|JP 5416664||Battery cell charging system using adjustable voltage control|
|JP 5529191||Apparatus for improving charging efficiency using selectable isolation|
|JP 5548149||Triple layer winding pattern, and methods of manufacturing same|
|JP 5608881||AC Current Control of Mobile Battery Chargers|
|JP 5603902||A Battery Pack Dehumidification System and the Method of Controlling the Humidity of a Battery Pack|
|JP 5680411||Method of deactivating faulty battery cells|
|JP 5671368||Selective cure of adhesive in modular assembly|
|JP 5749200||Battery pack gas exhaust system|
|JP 5837464||Charge disruption monitoring and notification system|
|KR 1195077||Thermal management system with dual mode coolant loops|
|US 7404720||Electro mechanical connector for use in electrical applications|
|US 7433794||Mitigation of propagation of thermal runaway in a multi-cell battery pack|
|US 7489057||Liquid cooled rotor assembly|
|US 7579725||Liquid cooled rotor assembly|
|US 7602145||Method of balancing batteries|
|US 7622897||Multi-mode charging system for an electric vehicle|
|US 7629772||Multi-mode charging system for an electric vehicle|
|US 7629773||Multi-mode charging system for an electric vehicle|
|US 7667432||Method for interconnection of battery packs and battery assembly containing interconnected battery packs|
|US 7671565||Battery pack and method for protecting batteries|
|US 7671567||Multi-mode charging system for an electric vehicle|
|US 7683570||Systems, methods, and apparatus for battery charging|
|US 7683575||Method and apparatus for identifying and disconnecting short-circuited battery cells within a battery pack|
|US 7698078||Electric vehicle communication interface|
|US 7719232||Method for battery charging based on cost and life|
|US 7736799||Method and apparatus for maintaining cell wall integrity during thermal runaway using an outer layer of intumescent material|
|US 7739005||Control system for an all-wheel drive electric vehicle|
|US 7741750||Induction motor with improved torque density|
|US 7741816||System and method for battery preheating|
|US 7742852||Control system for an all-wheel drive electric vehicle|
|US 7747363||Traction control system for an electric vehicle|
|US 7749647||Method and apparatus for maintaining cell wall integrity during thermal runaway using a high yield strength outer sleeve|
|US 7749650||Method and apparatus for maintaining cell wall integrity during thermal runaway using multiple cell wall layers|
|US 7755329||Battery charging time optimization system based on battery temperature, cooling system power demand, and availability of surplus external power|
|US 7763381||Cell thermal runaway propagation resistance using dual intumescent material layers|
|US 7781097||Cell thermal runaway propagation resistance using an internal layer of intumescent material|
|US 7782021||Battery charging based on cost and life|
|US 7786704||System for battery charging based on cost and life|
|US 7789176||Electric vehicle thermal management system|
|US 7820319||Cell thermal runaway propagation resistant battery pack|
|US 7821224||Voltage estimation feedback of overmodulated signal for an electrical vehicle|
|US 7841431||Electric vehicle thermal management system|
|US 7847501||Varying flux versus torque for maximum efficiency|
|US 7890218||Centralized multi-zone cooling for increased battery efficiency|
|US 7911184||Battery charging time optimization system|
|US 7923144||Tunable frangible battery pack system|
|US 7928699||Battery charging time optimization system|
|US 7939192||Early detection of battery cell thermal event|
|US 7940028||Thermal energy transfer system for a power source utilizing both metal-air and non-metal-air battery packs|
|US 7956574||System and method for interconnection of battery packs|
|US 7960928||Flux controlled motor management|
|US 8004243||Battery capacity estimating method and apparatus|
|US 8008827||Manufacturing method utilizing a dual layer winding pattern|
|US 8018113||AC motor winding pattern|
|US 8044786||Systems and methods for diagnosing battery voltage mis-reporting|
|US 8049460||Voltage dividing vehicle heater system and method|
|US 8054038||System for optimizing battery pack cut-off voltage|
|US 8057630||Selective cure of adhesive in modular assemblies|
|US 8057928||Cell cap assembly with recessed terminal and enlarged insulating gasket|
|US 8059007||Battery thermal event detection system using a thermally interruptible electrical conductor|
|US 8063757||Charge state indicator for an electric vehicle|
|US 8069555||Manufacturing method utilizing a dual layer winding pattern|
|US 8076016||Common mode voltage enumeration in a battery pack|
|US 8078359||User configurable vehicle user interface|
|US 8082743||Battery pack temperature optimization control system|
|US 8088511||Cell cap assembly with recessed terminal and enlarged insulating gasket|
|US 8092081||Battery thermal event detection system using an optical fiber|
|US 8095278||Interface for vehicle function control via a touch screen|
|US 8117857||Intelligent temperature control system for extending battery pack life|
|US 8122590||Manufacturing method utilizing a dual layer winding pattern|
|US 8124263||Corrosion resistant cell mounting well|
|US 8125324||Charge state indicator for an electric vehicle|
|US 8133287||Method of controlled cell-level fusing within a battery pack|
|US 8133608||Battery pack with cell-level fusing|
|US 8137833||Condensation-induced corrosion resistant cell mounting well|
|US 8153290||Heat dissipation for large battery packs|
|US 8154166||Dual layer winding pattern|
|US 8154167||Manufacturing method utilizing a dual layer winding pattern|
|US 8154256||Battery thermal event detection system using an electrical conductor with a thermally interruptible insulator|
|US 8168315||Battery thermal event detection system utilizing battery pack isolation monitoring|
|US 8173295||Method and apparatus for battery potting|
|US 8178227||Battery thermal event detection system utilizing battery pack isolation monitoring|
|US 8180512||Efficient dual source battery pack system for an electric vehicle|
|US 8190320||Efficient dual source battery pack system for an electric vehicle|
|US 8216502||Method for the external application of battery pack encapsulant|
|US 8241772||Integrated battery pressure relief and terminal isolation system|
|US 8242739||Leakage current reduction in combined motor drive and energy storage recharge system|
|US 8247097||Battery pack dehumidifier with active reactivation system|
|US 8263250||Liquid cooling manifold with multi-function thermal interface|
|US 8263254||Cell with an outer layer of intumescent material|
|US 8268469||Battery pack gas exhaust system|
|US 8277965||Battery pack enclosure with controlled thermal runaway release system|
|US 8286743||Vehicle battery pack ballistic shield|
|US 8293393||Apparatus for the external application of battery pack encapsulant|
|US 8298692||Collection, storage and use of metal-air battery pack effluent|
|US 8304108||Method and apparatus for maintaining cell wall integrity using a high yield strength outer sleeve|
|US 8313850||Battery pack pressure monitoring system for thermal event detection|
|US 8322393||Selective cure of adhesive in modular assemblies|
|US 8324863||Trickle charger for high-energy storage systems|
|US 8336319||Thermal management system with dual mode coolant loops|
|US 8346419||Operation of a range extended electric vehicle|
|US 8353545||Compact energy absorbing vehicle crash structure|
|US 8361642||Battery pack enclosure with controlled thermal runaway release system|
|US 8361649||Method and apparatus for maintaining cell wall integrity using a high yield strength outer casing|
|US 8365392||System and method for an efficient rotor for an electric motor|
|US 8367233||Battery pack enclosure with controlled thermal runaway release system|
|US 8367239||Cell separator for minimizing thermal runaway propagation within a battery pack|
|US 8389139||Integrated battery pressure relief and terminal isolation system|
|US 8389142||Method and apparatus for the external application of a battery pack adhesive|
|US 8393427||Vehicle battery pack ballistic shield|
|US 8402776||Thermal management system with dual mode coolant loops|
|US 8421469||Method and apparatus for electrically cycling a battery cell to simulate an internal short|
|US 8423215||Charge rate modulation of metal-air cells as a function of ambient oxygen concentration|
|US 8424960||Front rail configuration for the front structure of a vehicle|
|US 8428806||Dual mode range extended electric vehicle|
|US 8441826||Fast switching for power inverter|
|US 8445126||Hazard mitigation through gas flow communication between battery packs|
|US 8448696||Thermal management system with dual mode coolant loops|
|US 8448966||Vehicle front shock tower|
|US 8449015||Method of controlling a dual hinged vehicle door|
|US 8449997||Thermal energy transfer system for a power source utilizing both metal-air and non-metal-air battery packs|
|US 8450966||Method of operating a recharging system utilizing a voltage dividing heater|
|US 8450974||Electric vehicle extended range hybrid battery pack system|
|US 8453770||Dual motor drive and control system for an electric vehicle|
|US 8463480||Dual mode range extended electric vehicle|
|US 8463481||Dual mode range extended electric vehicle|
|US 8471521||Electric vehicle extended range hybrid battery pack system|
|US 8481191||Rigid cell separator for minimizing thermal runaway propagation within a battery pack|
|US 8493018||Fast switching for power inverter|
|US 8493032||Bidirectional polyphase multimode converter including boost and buck-boost modes|
|US 8511738||Dual hinged vehicle door|
|US 8511739||Control system for use with a dual hinged vehicle door|
|US 8511745||Integrated energy absorbing vehicle crash structure|
|US 8534703||Dynamic anti-whiplash apparatus and method|
|US 8536825||State of charge range|
|US 8539990||Vehicle port door with wirelessly actuated unlatching assembly|
|US 8541126||Thermal barrier structure for containing thermal runaway propagation within a battery pack|
|US 8541127||Overmolded thermal interface for use with a battery cooling system|
|US 8543270||Efficient dual source battery pack system for an electric vehicle|
|US 8552693||Low temperature charging of li-ion cells|
|US 8555659||Method for optimizing battery pack temperature|
|US 8557414||Control, collection and use of metal-air battery pack effluent|
|US 8557415||Battery pack venting system|
|US 8557416||Battery pack directed venting system|
|US 8567849||Dual load path design for a vehicle|
|US 8567855||Bumper mounting plate for double channel front rails|
|US 8567856||Swept front torque box|
|US 8572837||Method for making an efficient rotor for an electric motor|
|US 8573683||Front rail reinforcement system|
|US 8574732||Hazard mitigation within a battery pack using metal-air cells|
|US 8579635||Funnel shaped charge inlet|
|US 8585131||Rear vehicle torque box|
|US 8618775||Detection of over-current in a battery pack|
|US 8626369||Charge rate modulation of metal-air cells as a function of ambient oxygen concentration|
|US 8627534||Cleaning feature for electric charging connector|
|US 8627860||Fuel coupler with wireless port door unlatching actuator|
|US 8629657||State of charge range|
|US 8638063||AC current control of mobile battery chargers|
|US 8638069||Bidirectional polyphase multimode converter including boost and buck-boost modes|
|US 8643330||Method of operating a multiport vehicle charging system|
|US 8643342||Fast charging with negative ramped current profile|
|US 8647763||Battery coolant jacket|
|US 8651875||Electromechanical pawl for controlling vehicle charge inlet access|
|US 8659270||Battery pack overcharge protection system|
|US 8663824||Battery pack exhaust nozzle utilizing an sma seal retainer|
|US 8664907||Fast switching for power inverter|
|US 8672398||In-line outer sliding panorama sunroof tracks|
|US 8686288||Power electronics interconnection for electric motor drives|
|US 8696051||System for absorbing and distributing side impact energy utilizing a side sill assembly with a collapsible sill insert|
|US 8702161||System for absorbing and distributing side impact energy utilizing an integrated battery pack and side sill assembly|
|US 8708404||Sunroof utilizing two independent motors|
|US 8720968||Charge port door with electromagnetic latching assembly|
|US 8754614||Fast charging of battery using adjustable voltage control|
|US 8757709||Reinforced b-pillar assembly with reinforced rocker joint|
|US 8758924||Extruded and ribbed thermal interface for use with a battery cooling system|
|US 8760898||Fast switching for power inverter|
|US 8761985||Method of operating a dual motor drive and control system for an electric vehicle|
|US 8765276||Common mode voltage enumeration in a battery pack|
|US 8771013||High voltage cable connector|
|US 8773058||Rotor temperature estimation and motor control torque limiting for vector-controlled AC induction motors|
|US 8773066||Method and apparatus for extending lifetime for rechargeable stationary energy storage devices|
|US 8778519||Battery pack exhaust nozzle|
|US 8803470||Electric vehicle extended range hybrid battery pack system|
|US 8803471||Electric vehicle extended range hybrid battery pack system|
|US 8807637||Angled front hood sealing assembly|
|US 8807642||Mechanism components integrated into structural sunroof framework|
|US 8807643||Sunroof mechanism linkage with continuous one part guide track|
|US 8807644||Sunroof positioning and timing elements|
|US 8807807||Illumination apparatus for vehicles|
|US 8810198||Multiport vehicle dc charging system with variable power distribution according to power distribution rules|
|US 8810208||Charging efficiency using selectable isolation|
|US 8817892||Redundant multistate signaling|
|US 8818624||Adaptive soft buttons for a vehicle user interface|
|US 8819162||Host communications architecture|
|US 8833499||Integration system for a vehicle battery pack|
|US 8861337||Robust communications in electrically noisy environments|
|US 8862414||Detection of high voltage electrolysis of coolant in a battery pack|
|US 8866444||Methodology for charging batteries safely|
|US 8867180||Dynamic current protection in energy distribution systems|
|US 8875828||Vehicle battery pack thermal barrier|
|US 8887398||Extruded member with altered radial fins|
|US 8892299||Vehicle user interface with proximity activation|
|US 8899492||Method of controlling system temperature to extend battery pack life|
|US 8901885||Low temperature fast charge|
|US 8906541||Battery module with integrated thermal management system|
|US 8907629||Electric vehicle battery lifetime optimization operational mode|
|US 8932739||Battery pack configuration to reduce hazards associated with internal short circuits|
|US 8933661||Integrated inductive and conductive electrical charging system|
|US 8934999||Robotic processing system and method|
|US 8935053||Power release hood latch method and system|
|US 8960781||Single piece vehicle rocker panel|
|US 8963494||Charge rate optimization|
|US 8965721||Determining battery DC impedance|
|US 8968949||Method of withdrawing heat from a battery pack|
|US 8970147||Traction motor controller with dissipation mode|
|US 8970173||Electric vehicle battery lifetime optimization operational mode|
|US 8970182||Fast charging of battery using adjustable voltage control|
|US 8970237||Wire break detection in redundant communications|
|US 8973965||Folding and stowing rear-facing vehicle seat|
|US 9030063||Thermal management system for use with an integrated motor assembly|
|US 9035203||Electrical interface interlock system|
|US 9040184||Battery pack dehumidifier with active reactivation system|
|US 9043623||Host initiated state control of remote client in communications system|
|US 9045030||System for absorbing and distributing side impact energy utilizing an integrated battery pack|
|US 9046580||Battery thermal event detection system utilizing battery pack isolation monitoring|
|US 9065103||Battery mounting and cooling system|
|US 9079498||Morphing vehicle user interface|
|US 9080352||Controller apparatus and sensors for a vehicle door handle|
|US 9083064||Battery pack pressure monitoring system for thermal event detection|
|US 9093726||Active thermal runaway mitigation system for use within a battery pack|
|US 9103143||Door handle apparatus for vehicles|
|US 9151089||Controller apparatus and sensors for a vehicle door handle|
|US 9153990||Steady state detection of an exceptional charge event in a series connected battery element|
|US 9162586||Control system for an all-wheel drive electric vehicle|
|US 9182438||Wire break detection in redundant communications|
|US 9197091||Charge rate optimization|
|US 9209631||Charge rate modulation of metal-air cells as a function of ambient oxygen concentration|
|US 9221343||Pyrotechnic high voltage battery disconnect|
|US 9225197||Charging efficiency using variable isolation|
|US 9250020||Active louver system for controlled airflow in a multi-function automotive radiator and condenser system|
|US 9252400||Battery cap assembly with high efficiency vent|
|US 9257729||Response to over-current in a battery|
|US 9257825||Power electronics interconnection for electric motor drives|
|US 9263901||Secondary service port for high voltage battery packs|
|US 9272595||Controlling a compressor for air suspension of electric vehicle|
|US 9278607||Air outlet directional flow controller with integrated shut-off door|
|US 9293792||Self-activated drain system|
|US D660219||Vehicle wheel front face|
|US D660767||Vehicle wheel front face|
|US D669008||Vehicle wheel front face|
|US D672307||Vehicle integrated display and mount|
|US D673393||Vehicle seat mount|
|US D678154||Vehicle door|
|US D694188||Vehicle charge connector|
|US D724031||Vehicle charge inlet|
|US D735660||Electric-vehicle connector post|
|US D749503||Electric-vehicle connector post|
|US RE44994||Augmented vehicle seat mount|
Click here to check if your car is affected by a recall.
Tesla Conflict Minerals Report
Last Updated May 2020
Tesla Supplier Code of Conduct
Last Updated June 2017
Unsupported or Salvaged Vehicle Policy
An unsupported or salvaged vehicle is a vehicle that has been declared a total loss, commonly after extensive damage caused by a crash, flooding, fire, or similar hazard, and has been (or qualifies to be) registered and/or titled by its owner as a salvaged vehicle or its equivalent pursuant to local jurisdiction or industry practice. Salvage registration/titling typically can never be removed from the vehicle so that all future persons understand the condition and value of the vehicle. Tesla does not warrant the safety or operability of salvaged vehicles. Repairs performed to bring a salvaged vehicle back into service may not meet Tesla standards or specifications and that is why the vehicle is unsupported. Consequently, any failures, damages, or injuries occurring as a result of such repairs or continued operation of an unsupported vehicle are solely the responsibility of the vehicle owner.
Until Tesla can confirm that the vehicle is in compliance with Tesla’s safety standards and vehicle specifications, Tesla does not perform or support repairs involving the HV (high-voltage) battery systems in the vehicle because of the potential for the salvage vehicle to have sustained damage that:
- Makes the vehicle unsafe to drive
- Makes the vehicle unsafe for any repair technicians that might work on the vehicle
- Might damage Tesla equipment, such as Superchargers
When a vehicle is classified as a salvaged vehicle:
- Any Tesla limited warranties and extended service agreements for the vehicle are void.
NOTE: Repairs due to recalls will be performed unless the safe repair of the vehicle is prevented either by the condition of the vehicle or by vehicle modifications not installed by Tesla. If the Tesla Service Center determines that the vehicle is not safe to repair, the recall-related repair will not be performed until the customer has returned the vehicle to a condition that the Service Center determines is safe to repair.
- Supercharging is permanently disabled.
- Parts availability is not affected. Any Unrestricted or Over-the-Counter part may be purchased for a salvage-titled vehicle.
- A “Salvage-Titled Vehicle HV Safety Inspection” may be performed (at the customer’s expense) on the vehicle to determine if the HV-related components are safe to work on or access.
For more information about this policy, please contact a Tesla Service Center.
- Customer Privacy Notice
- Tesla Updates
- Payment Terms for Services
- Úrvals tengimöguleikar
- Supercharger Fair Use Policy
- Tesla Intellectual Property
- Human Rights and Conflict Minerals Policy
- Open Source
- Patent Pledge
- Tesla Conflict Minerals Report
- Tesla Supplier Code of Conduct
- Unsupported or Salvaged Vehicle Policy
- Information Security
- Security Vulnerability Reporting Policy
- Tesla Security Researcher Hall of Fame