BUILD THE FUTURE
Production Associates participate in the development and application of Tesla’s Production System for the construction and assembly of Tesla vehicles. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in hands-on assembly and the application of production systems in any type of manufacturing environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside.
The successful candidate takes pride in their hands-on capabilities, sense of urgency, and attention to detail, and appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded. Production Associates must be able to perform a wide array of essential functions across a number of production and manufacturing lines and work areas, as business needs require.
· Performing standardized work process and following defined work instructions and sequences at a defined pace, repetitively for an extended period of time, and rotating as required.
· Ability to quickly come up to speed on novel assembly procedures and custom tooling or test methods
· Operate robotic system and complex manufacturing equipment for process processes under supervision
· Escalating functional and process failures to the appropriate support groups and leaders
· Quickly communicating any health and/or safety concerns to the appropriate support groups and leaders
· Maintaining a safe and collaborative working environment
· Understanding and using manifest codes and work instructions
· Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused
· Punctuality and a professional, can-do attitude are a must
Work Environment / Essential Physical Demands
· Ability to perform physical work for extended periods of time, up to 12 hours per day
· Possible weekend work and overtime required (including potential overnight shifts)
· Ability to frequently and repetitively lift, push, and carry up to 35 lbs.
· Ability to frequently and repetitively lift and carry 20 lbs. up and down stairs
· Ability to frequently and repetitively bend, lift and reach to install parts of varying size and weight overhead
· Ability to stand and walk for up to 12 hours/day, including over varied and uneven terrain
· Ability to stoop, lay, bend, reach, squat, kneel, crouch, twist and crawl for periods of time
· Ability to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding or other high structures
· Ability to detect abnormalities in the process and receive safety signals using visual, tactile, or auditory senses
· Potential exposure to confined spaces and hazardous materials used in the painting process
· Wearing Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to: safety glasses, safety shoes, bump caps, and adhering to prescribed safety rules and guidelines
· Previous hands-on experience in the cleaning of industrial equipment in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
· High School Diploma or equivalent, or evidence of exceptional ability
· Must have command of the English language, both written and verbal
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· All potential employees will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening, background check, and pre-employment physical.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.