Performance and safety refined
Model S is designed from the ground up to be the safest, most exhilarating sedan on the road. With unparalleled performance delivered through Tesla's unique, all-electric powertrain, Model S accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in as little as 2.5 seconds. Model S comes with Autopilot capabilities designed to make your highway driving not only safer, but stress free.
Model S now features full LED adaptive headlamps. Besides enhancing the already great styling, they also boost safety: 14 three-position LED dynamic turning lights improve visibility at night, especially on winding roads.
Bio-Weapon Defense Mode
Model S now features a Medical grade HEPA air filtration system, which removes at least 99.97% of particulate exhaust pollution and effectively all allergens, bacteria and other contaminants from cabin air. The bioweapon defense mode creates positive pressure inside the cabin to protect occupants.
Electric All-Wheel Drive
Dual Motor Model S is a categorical improvement on conventional all-wheel drive systems. With two motors, one in the front and one in the rear, Model S digitally and independently controls torque to the front and rear wheels. The result is unparalleled traction control in all conditions.
Conventional all-wheel drive cars employ complex mechanical linkages to distribute power from a single engine to all four wheels. Only Tesla has the technology to provide superior and independent traction to both the front and rear wheels by using dual motors.
Model S comes standard with Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, P100D Model S pairs a high performance rear motor with a high efficiency front motor to achieve Ludicrous acceleration, from zero to 60 miles per hour in 2.5 seconds.
Built around the driver
Model S is a driver's car. The cabin combines meticulous noise engineering with Tesla's uniquely quiet powertrain to obtain the sound dynamics of a recording studio. The gem of the interior is the 17 inch touchscreen, which is angled toward the driver and includes both day and night modes for better visibility without distraction. It puts rich content at your fingertips and provides mobile connectivity so you can easily find your destination, favorite song or a new restaurant.
Model S is designed from the ground up to be the safest car on the road. Much of its safety is owed to the unique electric drivetrain that sits beneath the car's aluminum occupant cell in its own subframe. This unique positioning lowers the car's center of gravity, which improves handling and minimizes rollover risk, and replaces the heavy engine block with impact absorbing boron steel rails.
Side impacts are met by aluminum pillars reinforced with steel rails to reduce intrusion, protecting occupants and the battery pack while improving roof stiffness. In the event of an accident, eight airbags protect front and rear occupants, and the high voltage power source is automatically disconnected.
The Model S 17 inch touchscreen controls most of the car's functions. Opening the all glass panoramic roof, customizing the automatic climate control, and changing the radio station all happen with a swipe or a touch. The touchscreen, digital instrument cluster, and steering wheel controls seamlessly integrate media, navigation, communications, cabin controls and vehicle data.
- Media AM/FM/HD radio, online radio, on-demand Internet radio, Bluetooth®, and USB audio devices
- Controls Driving personalization, climate controls, and cabin controls
- Camera High definition backup camera, optimized for visibility and safety
- Calendar Calendar synchronization for daily schedule and tap to navigate
- Map Simple, intuitive Google Maps™ with real time traffic information
- Navigation Smart routing that adjusts for real time traffic conditions
- Energy Real time energy consumption and range estimation
- Phone Bluetooth-enabled, voice controlled handsfree phone system
Model S periodically receives over the air software updates that add new features and refresh the touchscreen look and feel.
Range Per Charge
The actual amount of range that you experience will vary based on your particular use conditions. See how particular use conditions may affect your range in our simulation model.
Vehicle range may vary depending on the vehicle configuration, battery age and condition, driving style and operating, environmental and climate conditions.
Home and Destination
Charge times are approximate. Charge cost assumes national average of per kilowatt hour 5. assumes 2 at per 4.
A Tesla Wall Connector installed on a amp / 240 volt circuit breaker will achieve the maximum charge rate of kW for 75 kWh configured vehicles.
A Tesla Wall Connector installed on a amp / 240 volt circuit breaker will achieve the maximum charge rate of kW for a 100 kWh configured vehicle.
- Access to Tesla's expanding Supercharger network
- Mobile connector with 110 volt, 240 volt, and J1772 adapters
- 17" capacitive touchscreen
- Onboard maps and navigation with free updates for 7 years
- Automatic keyless entry
- WiFi and Internet connectivity
- Mobile app remote control
- Retracting door handles
- One touch power windows
- High definition backup camera
- GPS enabled Homelink
- Hands free talking with Bluetooth
- Voice activated controls
- AM, FM, and Internet streaming radio
- Auto dimming mirrors
- Soft LED ambient interior lighting
- Lighted door handles
- Power folding, heated side mirrors with memory
- Two USB ports for media and power
- 12 volt power outlet
- Twelve way power adjustable, heated front seats with memory and driver profile
- Front trunk (no engine!), rear trunk, and 60/40 folding rear seats with 894 liters of storage
- Active safety technologies, including collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking
- Electric All-Wheel Drive for maximum efficiency and traction
- Daytime running lights
- Three-position dynamic LED turning lights
- LED fog lights
- Eight airbags for driver and passenger heads, knees, and pelvis plus two side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability and traction control
- Four wheel antilock disc brakes with electronic parking brake
- Three second row LATCH attachments for child seat installations (accommodates three child seats simultaneously: two with LATCH and one with top tether and belt)
Premium Upgrades adds
- HEPA air filtration system
- Custom audio system featuring 11 speakers with neodymium magnets
- XM satellite radio capability
- Heated seats throughout the cabin
- Heated steering wheel
- Wiper blade defrosters
- Washer nozzle heaters