The Commercial Field Service Technician will report to the Field Manager and provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services to Tesla’s energy products including but not limited to: Commercial solar PV systems, batteries, and electric vehicle charging stations. The Commercial Field Service Technician will be asked to assist in the commissioning of the solar arrays, batteries and electric vehicle charging stations and monitoring systems during project installation.
The ideal candidate has experience in the installation and serving of commercial and/or residential solar PV systems.
• Perform required preventive maintenance activities on commercial inverters to maintain warranty coverage
• Respond to corrective maintenance cases on commercial solar PV, commercial energy storage systems, vehicle charging stations and updating online case logs accurately
• Attend and demonstrate outstanding performance at multiple inverter training schools
• Work safely and in accordance with Tesla and industry standard safety requirements
• Report writing, where required, to comply with deliverables in commercial O&M contracts
• Work closely with members of the Operations Engineering Systems Reliability team to respond to open case directions and provide data where requested
• Prioritize conflicting work requests and escalations
• Respond to customers’ concerns with the performance or functionality of their system
• Ensure the vehicle, tooling, electronics, software, and company property issued are accounted for and taken care of at all times
• Work collaboratively with the electric vehicle charging teams to understand the system and installation requirements
• Support the ongoing development and improvement of the Tesla Field Service team
• Preferred one year experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting solar PV systems, battery storage or electric vehicle charging stations.
• Trades experience in electrical is preferred
• Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to Commercial installations preferred
• Knowledge of NFPA 70E practices
• Familiar with grid-tied inverters and able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
• Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines
• Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
• Proficient working with spreadsheets, word processing, and computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, case management, etc.)
• Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairs, lift heavy objects and work on your feet for long periods of time
• Bending, stooping, crawling, in confined spaces, working in limited illuminated areas, working in dusty conditions are required
• Ability to work independently and manage your own schedule
• Comfortable making decisions independently and handling emergency situations with a calm and measured manner
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); particularly in a customer-facing environment
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
• Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required
• Ability to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time.