Electric Vehicle Components
High Voltage Components
- Front Motor (All-Wheel Drive vehicles only)
- Air Conditioning Compressor
- Battery Coolant Heater
- Forward Junction Box
- High Voltage Busbars
- On-board Charger
- DC-DC Converter
- Cabin Heater
- High Voltage Battery
- Charge Port
- Rear Motor
The high voltage system has no user serviceable parts. Do not disassemble, remove or replace high voltage components, cables or connectors. High voltage cables are typically colored orange for easy identification.
Read and follow all instructions provided on the labels that are attached to Model S. These labels are there for your safety.
In the unlikely event that a fire occurs, immediately contact your local fire emergency responders.
Charging equipment designed specifically to charge your Model S is available from Tesla.
For information on the charging equipment available for your region, go to http://shop.tesla.com.
- A Wall Connector, which installs in your parking space, is the fastest way to charge your vehicle for daily use.
- A Mobile Connector allows you to plug into most commonly used power outlets. When using the Mobile Connector, attach the smart adapter (if required) to the Mobile Connector before plugging it in to the power outlet, and then plug in your vehicle.
- Tesla also offers adapters that allow you to plug into the most commonly used public charging stations in your region. At a public charge station, first attach the adapter to the station's charging connector and then plug in your vehicle.