It is important to understand your vehicle's original tire sizes and pressures, and the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) and GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating). This information can be found on two labels attached to Model X.
- Towing label (if equipped)
- Tire Information Label
- Statutory Plate
Towing capability is available only if Model X is equipped with the Towing Package. If equipped with the towing package, the Towing Label instructs you to refer to the owner's manual for tire pressures that should be used when towing a trailer. Do not use the tire pressures printed on the Tire and Loading Information Label. Instead, see the topic "Towing a Trailer" in the Driving section of the onscreen Owner's Manual.
Tire Information Label
The Tire Information label provides:
- The maximum number of occupant seating positions.
- The size of the original tires.
- The cold inflation pressures for the original front and rear tires. These pressures are recommended to optimize ride and handling characteristics.
Never change this label, even if you use different tires in the future.
In addition to the VIN, the Statutory Plate provides:
- GVWR - Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. The maximum allowable total mass of Model X. This is calculated as the weight of Model X, all passengers, fluids, and cargo.
- GAWR - Gross Axle Weight Rating for the front and rear axles. The GAWR is the maximum distributed weight that each axle can support.