Jacking and Lifting
Follow the steps below to lift Model 3. Ensure that any non-Tesla repair facility is aware of these instructions, including lift points and warnings.
- Position Model 3 centrally between the lift posts.
- Position the lift arm pads under the designated
body lift points at the locations shown.WarningDO NOT position the lift arm pads under the Battery or side rails.
- Adjust the height and position of the lift arm pads to ensure that they are correctly located.
- With assistance, raise the lift to the desired height, ensuring the lift arm pads remain in their correct positions.
- Engage any lift safety locks. Follow the lift manufacturer's instructions. To disengage Jack Mode, disable it in .
Never raise Model 3 when the charge cable is connected, even if charging is not in progress.
Do not work on an incorrectly supported vehicle. Doing so can cause serious damage, bodily injury, or death.
It is your responsibility to be observant of the vehicle and it's surroundings. Ensure the area is clear when lifting and lowering Model 3 and that the doors, front trunk, and rear trunk are closed as necessary to avoid damage.
DO NOT lift from under the Battery or side rails. Place the lift arm pads under the designated body lift points only. The locations shown are the only approved lifting points for Model 3. Lifting at any other points can cause damage. Damage caused by incorrectly lifting Model 3 is not covered by the warranty.