If Model Y is equipped with Autopilot components (see About Autopilot), and you have purchased an optional Autopilot package, Autopark is designed to find, and maneuver Model Y into, a parking space when driving on public roads. Autopark determines the proximity to the curb and to the other parked vehicles and detects parking spaces only when Model Y is driving below 24 km/h.
To Use Autopark
When driving, follow these steps to allow Autopark to maneuver Model Y into a parking space:
- While driving slowly, monitor the touchscreen to see potential parking spaces detected by Autopilot. When Model Y is positioned such that it can reverse into one of the detected locations, the touchscreen displays a parking icon.
NoteThe parking icon appears only if the vehicle's position and/or the circumstances of the surrounding area are such that Autopark can determine an appropriate driving path. If Autopark cannot determine an appropriate path (for example, when driving on a narrow street where moving into the parking space causes the front of the vehicle to extend into the adjacent lane), you can either reposition the vehicle, find a different parking space, or park manually.
- Choose a spot, check to determine if it is appropriate and safe, then pull forward and stop approximately one car length ahead of the parking space (as you normally would when parallel parking or when backing into a perpendicular parking space).
- Release the steering wheel, shift Model Y into Reverse, then touch Start Autopark on the touchscreen.
- Autopark displays a message when parking is complete.
If you press the brake pedal when Autopark is actively parking Model Y, the parking process pauses until you touch Resume on the touchscreen.
- Do not interfere with the movement of the steering wheel. Doing so cancels Autopark.
- Continually check your surroundings. Be prepared to apply the brakes to avoid vehicles, pedestrians, or objects.
- Monitor the touchscreen to ensure that you are aware of the instructions that Autopark is providing.
To Pause Parking
To pause Autopark, press the brake pedal once. Model Y stops and remains stopped until you touch Resume on the touchscreen.
To Cancel Parking
- The parking sequence exceeds seven moves.
- Model Y detects that the driver is exiting the vehicle.
- A door is opened.
- You press the accelerator pedal.
- You press the brake pedal while Autopark is paused.
- An Automatic Emergency Braking event occurs (see Collision Avoidance Assist).