Phone, Calendar, and Web Conferencing
Using the Phone App
- Calls: Displays recent calls in chronological order with the most recent call listed first.
Messages: Displays message in chronological order with the most recent message listed first. You can view, send, and receive text messages. Instead of typing a text message, touch the microphone button on the right side of the steering wheel to enter text using your voice.WarningTo minimize distraction and ensure the safety of occupants as well as other road users, do not view or send text messages when the vehicle is in motion. Pay attention to road and traffic conditions at all times when driving.
- Contacts: Contacts are listed in alphabetical order and can be sorted by first name or last name. You can also choose a letter on the right side of the list to quickly scroll to the names that begin with the selected character. When you touch a name on your contacts list, the contact's available number(s) displays on the right pane, along with other available information (such as address). Touch the contact's number to make a call.
- Favorites: Displays the contacts from your phone that you have identified as Favorites.
Making a Phone Call
You can make a phone call by:
- Speaking a voice command (see Voice Commands). Voice commands are a convenient, hands-free way to call or text your contacts.
- Touching a phone number shown in a list in the phone app - Contacts, Calls, or Calendar.
- Using the Model Y on-screen dialer in the Phone app.
Receiving a Phone Call
When your phone receives an incoming call, the touchscreen displays the caller’s number or name (if the caller is in your phone’s contact list and Model Y has access to your contacts).
Touch one of the options on the touchscreen to Answer or Ignore the call. Depending on the phone you are using and what speakers you used for your most recent call, your phone may prompt you to choose which speakers you want to use for the incoming call.
In Call Options
When a call is in progress, the call menu displays on the touchscreen. Roll the right scroll button to choose an option. To adjust the call volume, roll the left scroll button during a call.