Terms and Conditions
Project Loveday is a video submission contest sponsored by Tesla, Inc., 3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Tesla”).
Project Loveday begins on March 4, 2017, at 12:00 A.M. PT and ends at the end of the day on June 5, 2017.
Each entrant must be at least 18 years old or have the express permission of a parent or guardian (“Entrant”). All federal, state and local laws apply and Project Loveday is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in Project Loveday, the Entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and all final decisions of Tesla.
3. HOW TO ENTER
An Entrant may create and submit a video entry (“Submission”) by completing an entry form located here. Each Entrant may only enter one Submission, and each Submission may only have one individual Entrant.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Submissions must be submitted via the online Entry Form
- Videos must be no longer than 90 seconds
- Videos must relate to Tesla, SolarCity, our products, or our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy
- Videos hosted on third-party social media platforms must comply with that platform’s Terms of Service
- Videos must be approved for all ages; i.e., it cannot contain violence, nudity, or inappropriate language or behavior
- Any text or voice-overs in the videos must be in English
- Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights
- Submissions must not in any way mention, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or trademark of any entity, individual, product or brand other than those of Tesla and its brands
- Submissions must not contain material that is not the original work of the Entrant
Entrant grants Tesla (and its affiliates) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish or display the Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis. Entrants may only use Tesla’s name, product, trademarks and logos for the purpose of entering Project Loveday.
6. JUDGING AND WINNER SELECTION
After the Entry Period, all eligible Submissions will be judged by Tesla personnel (“Judges”). The Judges will score each eligible Submission based on originality, creativity, relevance to Tesla and its mission, and entertainment value. Entrants of Submissions that receive the 10 highest scores from the Judges will be deemed the Winners. Entrants of the 3 highest scoring Submissions will be declared Top 3 Winners. The highest scoring Submission will be declared the Grand Prize Winner.
The winning Submissions will receive the following:
Winner Prizes (10): The top 10 winning Submissions will be featured and shared on Tesla’s social media channels.
Top 3 Winner Prizes (3): The top 3 winning Submissions will receive additional promotion across social media channels.
Grand Prize Winner (1): The Entrant with the top winning Submission will be invited to and introduced at a future Tesla product launch event. Tesla will pay for reasonable travel expenses and accommodations for 2 people for 2 nights.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution, redemption or cash equivalent will be allowed. All applicable taxes, and all other fees and costs not specifically identified in these Terms and Conditions as a prize element, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
8. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
On or about July 3, 2017, the Grand Prize Winner will be sent an email notification with instructions on how to claim the prize. The prize must be claimed by July 7, 2017.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS
By participating in Project Loveday, each Entrant agrees to allow Tesla to use his or her name, biographical information and likeness for publicity purposes.
Tesla reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who violates these Terms and Conditions or acts in bad faith.
12. WINNER LIST
To obtain a list of prize winners, interested individuals should send a written request with a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to: Tesla, Inc., 3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304, Attn: Project Loveday. Winner List requests must be received by July 5, 2017.