The primary objective of this role is to ensure the production of safe, reliable, high-performance drive units that meet Tesla’s high standard of excellence. A successful candidate is data-driven, excels at complex problem solving, has a strong quality and customer-focused mindset, and can lead cross-functional teams to identify and eliminate potential quality risks.
- Develop manufacturing requirements, quality standards, and product quality plans to ensure products will meet expectations of our target customers.
- Lead the development of FMEAs to identify critical risks in design and manufacturing, and drive action to mitigate said risks with cross-functional teams.
- Develop, validate, and rollout critical quality controls across production lines, in coordination with design and manufacturing teams.
- Qualification of new production lines and processes by utilizing FMEAs, control plans, capability analysis, MSAs, DOEs, etc.
- Lead systematic root cause and corrective/preventative action deployment to address critical product and production risks across the factory.
- Solve complex quality issues by utilizing advanced statistical concepts.
- Identify supplier quality issues and risks, define inspection requirements, and coordinate with supply chain teams to drive corrective actions at the supplier level.
- Support the development of DFMEAs to determine potential risks in product design and support resolution of high-risk issues.
- Track quality performance metrics, prioritize top issues, and drive continuous improvement activities with cross-functional teams.
- Provide technical expertise and mentorship to junior-level engineers and technicians.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (automotive, semiconductor, power electronics, or aerospace fields are preferred).
- Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA required
- Proficient in advanced statistical methods, large-scale data analysis, measurement systems analysis, SPC, etc.
- Minitab, JMP, or other statistical software capabilities are preferred.
- Database and basic programming proficiencies are preferred (SQL, Python, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.