- What to Expect After Installation
- Registering Your Tesla Solar Inverter
- Connecting to Tesla Solar Inverter
- Turning On Your System
- Monitoring Your System
- Understanding System Performance
- Troubleshooting Your System
- Get Help and Schedule Service
- Removal & Reinstallation
- Transferring Ownership of Your Solar System
- Systems Affected by Natural Disaster or Force Majeure Event
What to Expect After Installation
After installation, you will be contacted to go through a final building inspection. If your system includes a Powerwall 3 or Powerwall+, it will be activated and configured to not export to the grid until Permission to Operate (PTO) has been granted after installation. We will work with your utility to receive Permission to Operate (PTO) your system on the grid. Track your order in your Tesla Account at any time to see your status and next steps.
Inspection Day Checklist
After installation, you will be contacted to complete a final building inspection.
- Contact us if work has been done to your home since you installed your system.
- Ensure no other contractors or workers are on site during your solar inspection.
- Clear your driveway and provide safe access to your electrical panel.
- Ensure someone 18 years or older is home during the inspection.
- Keep any pets and children away from the inspection area for their safety.
Your final payment is due following system inspection.
Refer to your financing documentation for your specific payment terms.
Utility Standards and Approval
Once inspection is complete, we will need to receive permission from your utility to operate your system on the grid.
- We will complete and submit the necessary documentation to your utility.
- We will not submit for utility approval until final payment has been made for cash systems.
- Your utility will process the documentation and grant your system permission to operate (PTO) on the grid. Depending on your location, this may take from one to six weeks.
- We will notify you as soon as PTO has been granted and provide instructions for turning on your system to operate on the grid.