Solar Panel Installation
Scheduling Your Installation
Once your solar panels design is finalized and we have the necessary approvals to move forward with your project, you will be able to schedule an installation. This can be done by selecting an available date from your Tesla Account or by contacting one of our scheduling coordinators.
We may need to reschedule your installation for reasons such as poor weather conditions. If a reschedule is required, Tesla will contact you to find another suitable date.
What to Expect on Installation Day
Most installations are completed within one day, while larger or more complex systems can take two or more days. Solar-only installations typically require the power to be out for 1-3 hours. Installations involving a Powerwall usually require the power to be shut off for 6-8 hours.
If any of your electrical equipment is inside of your home or if any equipment will be installed inside, we will need someone 18 years or older to be home for the duration of the installation.
Installation Day Checklist
- Obtain approval from your Homeowner’s Association (HOA) if you are part of one.
- Ensure no other contractors or workers are on site during your solar installation. We cannot start installation if other workers are on site.
- Clear cars from your driveway and any breakable objects from your yard. Provide safe access to your electrical panel.
- Contact Tesla if work has been done to your home since you ordered your system.
- Ensure someone 18 years or older is home for the first hour of installation.
- Please keep any pets away from the installation area for their safety.
- Have your Wi-Fi network name and password handy.