Prepare for Solar Panel Installation
Now that you’ve ordered solar panels, Tesla will help you take it from here. While we apply for a permit and plan for installation, you can track our progress in your Tesla Account. Once your installation date is scheduled, these are the things you will need to plan for.
Before We Arrive
- If you are part of a Homeowner’s Association (HOA), make sure you have approval before we arrive to install. We will not be responsible for any fees should you allow us to install without HOA approval.
- Let us know if any work has been done to your home since you ordered your system. You can contact us using the number or email in your Tesla Account.
- Please clear your driveway and provide safe access to your existing electrical equipment.
- Make arrangements so that no other contractors or workers are on site during installation. If other workers are on site, we cannot start installation.
When We Arrive
- Your installation will take anywhere from a half-day to a day and a half.
- Someone 18 or older must be home for the first hour.
- For safety reasons, we will need to shut-off power for up to 8 hours while we set up your system.
- If you have pets, please keep them away from the installation area for their safety.
When Payment Is Due
Your initial order fee covers your first month of service, which begins when your system powers on. After that, your monthly payment will process on the day of the month your system was activated.
50% of your balance is due on the first day of installation. The remaining 50% will be due at the time of inspection (typically a week or so after installation has been completed).
Your first loan payment is typically due 60-90 days after the loan start date. Refer to your loan documentation for your specific payment terms.
We may need to reschedule your installation in the event of a conflict such as poor weather. If a reschedule is required we will contact you to find another suitable date for installation.
Next Steps After Installation
After the installation, you will be contacted to go through a final inspection. After that, we will need to receive permission to operate (PTO) from your utility. Track your order in your Tesla Account at any time to see your status and next steps.