Model S Specifications
- Length 196.0"
- Wheelbase 116.5"
- Width 86.2"
With mirrors folded 77.3"
- Track Front 65.4", Rear 66.9"
- Clearance 5.3"(Dual Motor)*, 5.5"(RWD)*
With air suspension 4.6" - 6.3"
- Head room Front 38.8", Rear 35.3"
- Leg room Front 42.7", Rear 35.4"
- Shoulder room Front 57.7", Rear 55.0"
- Hip room Front 55.0", Rear 54.7"
- Seating capacity 5 adults
- Total cargo volume 31.6 cu ft
- Rear cargo volume 26.3 cu ft
With seats down 58.1 cu ft
- Front trunk cargo volume 5.3 cu ft
- Turning circle 37 ft
- Curb weight 4,647.3 lbs
- Weight distribution Front 48%, Rear 52%
*Ground Clearance Reference for Base 75kW, Curb Condition
- Lightweight aluminum body reinforced with high strength, boron steel elements
- UV and infrared blocking safety glass windshield
- Frameless, tempered safety glass front windows
- Solar absorbing, laminated safety glass rear window with defroster
- Flush mounted door handles
- Power folding, heated side mirrors with memory
- 19" aluminum alloy wheels with all-season tires
- Glass roof
- LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Backlit side turn signals, front side marker lights and rear reflex lights
- LED rear taillights and high-mounted LED stop lamp
- Model S is an electric vehicle available in both rear wheel and all-wheel drive configurations. The liquid-cooled powertrain includes the battery and one or more motors, drive inverters and gear boxes.
- 75 kWh or 100 kWh microprocessor controlled, lithium-ion battery
- Three phase, four pole AC induction motor with copper rotor
- Drive inverter with variable frequency drive and regenerative braking system
Suspension, Steering, and Brakes
- Double wishbone, virtual steer axis coil spring front suspension and independent multi-link coil spring rear suspension
- Variable ratio, speed sensitive, rack and pinion electronic power steering
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control
- Anti-Lock disc brakes (ABS) with ventilated rotors and electronically actuated parking brake; front: 355 mm x 32 mm; rear: 365 mm x 28 mm
- 11.5 kW single phase onboard charger (17.2 kW for 100 kWh vehicles)
- Supercharger enabled
- Compatible with Tesla Wall Connector
- 20 foot mobile connector with storage bag
- Automatic charge port door, concealed in rear driver side tail lamp
- 240 volt NEMA 14-50 adapter
- 120 volt NEMA 5-15 adapter
- J1772 public charging adapter
- Twelve way, power adjustable, heated front seats with memory
- Hand wrapped microfiber and synthetic leather interior surfaces in black
- Dark Ash Wood décor accents
- Center armrest with two cup holders
- Open center console storage area
- Metal interior door handles
- Auto dimming mirrors
- 60/40 split fold-down second row seats
- 200 watt, seven speaker stereo system with AM/FM/HD radio. Supports MP3, AAC, and MP4 music formats. System includes four speakers, two tweeters and one center channel speaker.
- 17" capacitive touchscreen with media, communication, cabin, and vehicle controls
- Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling and streaming music
- Three spoke, multi-function steering wheel with tactile controls
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- 4 year, 50,000 mile (whichever comes first) new vehicle limited warranty
- 8 year, unlimited mile battery and drive unit warranty
- Battery warranty covers damage from improper charging procedures and battery fire, even if the fire results from driver error
- Onboard maps and navigation with free updates for 7 years
- Mobile connectivity
- Keyless entry
- Driver profiles
- Driver seat detection sensor for start/stop functionality
- Cruise Control
- High definition backup camera
- Automatic rear liftgate
- Power tilt and telescopic steering column
- Power windows featuring one-touch up and down with resistance reversing to protect against pinched fingers
- Micro-filter ventilation system with replaceable filters
- Front LED map lights and rear LED reading lights
- Front sun visors
- Front trunk and rear cargo area with keyless open
- 12 V power outlet
- Automatic climate control with dual zone temperature settings, air distribution controls and recirculation
- Glove compartment
- Wi-Fi ready
- Dual front USB ports for media and power
- Active safety technologies, including collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking, have begun rolling out through over-the-air updates
- Eight airbags: head, knee and pelvis airbags in the front plus two side curtain airbags
- Driver and front passenger seat sensors
- Driver seat position sensor
- Three point driver and front passenger safety belts with retractor pretensioners and secondary lap anchor pretensioners and load limiters
- Three point second row safety belts for all three seats
- Acoustic front row safety belt warning
- Rollover crash sensor
- Crash sensor for high voltage disconnect
- Three second row LATCH attachments for child seat installations (accommodates three child seats simultaneously: two with LATCH and one with top tether and belt)
- Rear door child safety locks
- Interior, manual release mechanism for all doors, front trunk, and rear cargo area
- Anti-theft alarm and immobilizer system
Model S is not equipped with a spare tire.
Spare tires add weight which reduces range. In the event of a flat, please contact Tesla roadside assistance. Emergency tire inflation kits are available for purchase.