Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is seeking Electrical Engineers on General Assembly Equipment & Sustain (Maintenance) team to be part of a world-class team of engineers that are responsible for building and sustaining the automation and robotic equipment at the Tesla Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg. As a Electrical Engineer, you are responsible for the electrical portion of all projects from “cradle to grave”. This includes driving the electrical design, implementation and assessment of automated equipment such as automated storage systems, robotics, automated case and pallet conveyance, automated guided vehicles, fixtures, etc. Electrical Engineers own the electrical standard, code compliance, hardware selection, drawing schematics and review process of the project as well as additional functions such as supplier relations, global supply management relation, procurement, installation and safety assessment.
• Implement and maintain electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics as per German codes and standards (DIN, VDE, etc.)
• Select and size electrical and electromechanical components such as servos
• Implement control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other high-volume manufacturing equipment as per German codes and standards (DIN, VDE, etc.)
• Transform concept layouts / designs into fabrication & installation drawings
• Execute electrical cabinet builds, field wiring, pneumatic and fluid plumbing
• Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits
• Participate in Tesla electrical specification and standard creation, release to Vendor and quote technical evaluation
• Ensure application of Tesla electrical standards
• Supervise suppliers during specification, design, buyoff and installation of automated manufacturing equipment
• Responsible for implementing and managing continuous process optimization including the addition of advanced and conventional technologies to improve quality, productivity and reduce overall waste
• Develop & maintain proper documentation of all electrical equipment and associated procedures, making updates as required by modifications
• Responsible for commissioning new lines and equipment
• In depth knowledge of electrical designs compliancy for different regions including German codes and standards (DIN, VDE, etc) or equivalent (local voltage usage, regulations, governing bodies)
• Proficiency designing electrical & power distribution systems in ePlan/AutoCAD Electrical
• Proficiency selecting appropriate circuit protectors, wire and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD and servo systems
• Experience creating project documentation, drawings, inspections, permits, etc.
• Very good written and spoken German and English skills
• Multi-tasking ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
• Able to work under pressure in the presence of stakeholders
• Willing to work nights and weekends when determined by project needs
• Degree as Bachelor / Master / Dipl.-Ing. (TH / FH) specializing in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in control engineering
Nice to Have
• Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors and equipment (LVDT and pressure transducers, dispense systems, temperature controllers, DC nutrunner torque controllers, current and power meters, etc.)
• Exposure to programming Industrial PC, PLC and motor controllers
• Robotic cell design and installation
• Experience with Vision systems (Cognex, Keyence, Fanuc)
• Process knowledge in the field of automotive