BUILD THE FUTURE
The Licensed Electrician is part of Tesla’s Energy Field Operations team. As a skilled member of the team, the Licensed Electrician will help lead the installations of residential PV solar systems, Solar Roof, battery storage, and EV wall connectors. The ideal candidate will provide electrical expertise that will contribute to the overall success of installing Tesla’s energy products. All necessary training, tools and equipment will be provided, including a company vehicle for some positions.
· Complete residential Main Panel Upgrades (MPU)
· Work with peers and leadership to evaluate job requirements and cost
· Diagnose and troubleshoot electrical component and system issues
· Lead efforts on safe work practices for the Field Operations team
· Deliver exceptional customer service throughout the process by educating customers about the product(s) and offering real-time updates on job status
· Document and update job status in the company database
· Attend training sessions and weekly team meetings on new products, installation methodology and safety
· Perform other related duties, as assigned
· A valid state Journeyman Electrician License
· Understanding of NEC codes
· Ability to safely handle tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
· Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
· Position may require working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs
· Capable of performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time
· Experience using basic hand and power tools
· Basic computer skills required
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must have excellent customer service skills
· Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success
· Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
· Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.