Software Engineer, Robotics
As a member of the Autopilot team, you will research, design, implement, optimize and deploy models and algorithms that advance the state of the art in autonomous driving. A strong candidate will ideally possess strong expertise in the following areas, and at least a basic familiarity in others.
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms in 3D estimation, multi-sensor fusion, visual-inertial odometry, GPS, IMU and radar processing, intrinsic/extrinsic camera calibration, structure from motion, etc.
- Devise visualization, debugging, ground truth and simulation tools to enable algorithm validation
- Integrate perceived world model with the planning and controls team to introduce new features and capabilities to Tesla’s vehicles.
- Solid understanding of one or more of the following: structure from motion, numerical methods, optimization, signal processing, probabilistic methods
- Excellent C/C++ coding, strong engineering practices, debugging/profiling skills, familiarity with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.