Lead Software Engineer, Software Platforms
As an Technical Lead/Engineering Manager in the Vehicle Software group, you will be responsible for the roadmap and execution of core systems in our vehicle portfolio, leading engineers and contributing yourself technically, as well as maintaining a bar of technical excellence throughout the organization. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, in hardware, manufacturing, service and programs, to deliver high quality products in multiple spaces, from update systems, real-time and linux-host operating system platforms, and core technologies such as audio, graphics, or vehicle functions, to delight our customers and push forward our challenging mission. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a large impact in the Tesla product roadmap and mission.
- Exceptional leadership ability.
- Direct technical contributions in your current role, in code and design.
- Extensive background in device development (consumer electronics, automotive, etc.).
- Experience leading engineering teams with a history of outstanding accomplishments from architecture definition to product delivery.
- Background in embedded C development, whether real-time OS or linux-class hosts.
- Background in software architecture and systems design, on hardware through integration, test and high-volume manufacturing.
- Sound architecture and software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
- Domain experience in consumer products or related technologies is highly preferred (audio, graphics, update systems, etc.)
- Direct experience with Linux or real-time OS.
- Experience managing development of automated validation systems to ensure high quality product releases.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts to a wide audience.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or proof of exceptional skills in related fields with practical software engineering experience.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.